THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 pm 
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Filthy relax. I expect we would be in a better position had we the opportunity to play our best Xl more. Between injuries and suspensions we've been fighting an uphill battle. No team at our level would be excelling if they cant get their best players on the pitch playing.

It's going to be a building process. Our manager is new to the league, It would be fair to expect that in his time with us we will see the best of him as he grows in to and adapts to the league. We are in the process of rebuilding a squad, not every player will have been a succesful signing and as we get more time to rework this clean slate puzzle and address our needs and fine tune it I expect we will improve.

We have to play the long game. We have invested everything into a manager who had immediate success in scotland and who hit the ground running last season. We have to stick with him or risk decimating our budget and being in limbo for years. If it doesnt work out over the next 18 months just dont renew his contract.

I will say I think a lot of the problems fall at the fans feet. All this negativity and depleting crowds cant help the situation. Its no surprise with our shit, negative away following our away record is pants. Its no surprise that in the games fans have stood up and been counted and stuck with the team weve performed at our best.

Just chill the f out, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and try and make the most of the 90 minutes of escapism. All this over analysing and rehashing the same posts every other day is boring. Things arent gonna change over night, give them time and transfer activity to iron out issues in the squad. Instead of slagging off the clubs communication perhaps look at our own communication first because its not been very well spirited or helpful.

Cheers. Coyds

Mod - can I change my vote for poster of the year?

Great post nice to read some sensible comments.

We all have different opinions. I'm sticking by what I said. I've tried ignoring it and letting things continue as they have been for 2+ years, now its time to start speaking up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Filthy relax. I expect we would be in a better position had we the opportunity to play our best Xl more. Between injuries and suspensions we've been fighting an uphill battle. No team at our level would be excelling if they cant get their best players on the pitch playing.

It's going to be a building process. Our manager is new to the league, It would be fair to expect that in his time with us we will see the best of him as he grows in to and adapts to the league. We are in the process of rebuilding a squad, not every player will have been a succesful signing and as we get more time to rework this clean slate puzzle and address our needs and fine tune it I expect we will improve.

We have to play the long game. We have invested everything into a manager who had immediate success in scotland and who hit the ground running last season. We have to stick with him or risk decimating our budget and being in limbo for years. If it doesnt work out over the next 18 months just dont renew his contract.

I will say I think a lot of the problems fall at the fans feet. All this negativity and depleting crowds cant help the situation. Its no surprise with our shit, negative away following our away record is pants. Its no surprise that in the games fans have stood up and been counted and stuck with the team weve performed at our best.

Just chill the f out, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and try and make the most of the 90 minutes of escapism. All this over analysing and rehashing the same posts every other day is boring. Things arent gonna change over night, give them time and transfer activity to iron out issues in the squad. Instead of slagging off the clubs communication perhaps look at our own communication first because its not been very well spirited or helpful.

Cheers. Coyds

You can ask FMKDF if you like, but l've heard on the grapevine that he is both pedantic and obstinate, so my guess is he'll tell you to wait another 360+ days before voting in the 2018 awards. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:58 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Cheers. Coyds

We all have different opinions. I'm sticking by what I said. I've tried ignoring it and letting things continue as they have been for 2+ years, now its time to start speaking up.

Start speaking up? I thought you promised in the OP that it was the
last thread on the subject. ;)

Last thread yes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Cheers. Coyds

Last thread yes

As a pessimist, and seemingly being proved to be right, does that make you a realist, and the ones that disagree, fantasists ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm 

WellDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Cheers. Coyds

Last thread yes

As a pessimist, and seemingly being proved to be right, does that make you a realist, and the ones that disagree, fantasists ?

Good article on the subject:-

https://anuschkarees.com/blog/2012/05/0 ... py-realist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm 

Optimist / Pessimist:

familymkdonsfan wrote:

What a great read. I've read similar things in the past but never something so succinct. I've tried to have this discussion with my eldest lad, who takes the view that if he is pessimistic about everything he'll never be let down (i.e. good stuff is an unexpected bonus). I tried to explain that means he'll spend more of his life unhappy rather than happy, but I've not been articulate enough to convince him. I'll definately send him that link.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Optimist / Pessimist:

familymkdonsfan wrote:

What a great read. I've read similar things in the past but never something so succinct. I've tried to have this discussion with my eldest lad, who takes the view that if he is pessimistic about everything he'll never be let down (i.e. good stuff is an unexpected bonus). I tried to explain that means he'll spend more of his life unhappy rather than happy, but I've not been articulate enough to convince him. I'll definately send him that link.

Thanks.

No problem. Pleased it was useful :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The more I think about it, that video interview Pete gave a few weeks ago was just a waste of time, and was completely patronising to fans.

You complain about lack of communication and then slag of the video. It beggars believe. At least you have said this is the last thread on the subject.

I think if I’ve read this correctly, the complaint is about the quality of the content.

Well stone me, he answered all the points in detail, but you don't like the way he looked and you want more but also to kick him out, although he is the Chairman and not Chief Executive of the football club. Some people just aren't past the wetting themselves as soon as we get into difficulty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The more I think about it, that video interview Pete gave a few weeks ago was just a waste of time, and was completely patronising to fans.

You complain about lack of communication and then slag of the video. It beggars believe. At least you have said this is the last thread on the subject.

I think if I’ve read this correctly, the complaint is about the quality of the content.

Well stone me, he answered all the points in detail, but you don't like the way he looked and you want more but also to kick him out, although he is the Chairman and not Chief Executive of the football club. Some people just aren't past the wetting themselves as soon as we get into difficulty.

I hardly think two and a half seasons could be described as “ as soon as “.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:58 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I hardly think two and a half seasons could be described as “ as soon as “.

I don't believe that 2015/16 was anything other than entirely predictable. The only surprise to me was that we lost only one of the first four games that season. I do sometimes think we have a false sense of how big a club we are and budget we have, I really do. That is a realist post, not a pessimistic one, btw.

And, if you don't believe me, look at the "staff costs" for each club that season:-

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/na ... ub-2015-16

Last edited by familymkdonsfan on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next