THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am 
Towcestrian wrote:
The phrase through thick and thin is completely lost on some of our lot.

I can tolerate indefinite mediocrity, but it's testing to continue enthusiasm for a club which is constantly heading south and that constantly makes poor decisions on and off the pitch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I can tolerate indefinite mediocrity, but it's testing to continue enthusiasm for a club which is constantly heading south and that constantly makes poor decisions on and off the pitch.

We started heading south 2.5 seasons ago. That's not a long time. I've got milk in my fridge older than that!

In my view (and that's all it is, so feel free to ignore), you are over-analytical and far too short-term focused. You'll never be happy following football with that mindset.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am 
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

We started heading south 2.5 seasons ago. That's not a long time. I've got milk in my fridge older than that!

In my view (and that's all it is, so feel free to ignore), you are over-analytical and far too short-term focused. You'll never be happy following football with that mindset.

As the only poster officially rated higher than me, I will always accept your opinion without question.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am 

WellDon wrote:
Or are you saying we should not believe a bloody word any of them say ?

Blimey, next you'll be saying you believe what politicians say. :lol:

I've got this friend; very high up in the Nigerian army. He has a problem taking funds out of the country. If you help him out, he'll make it worth your while. Shall I ask him to email you? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

As the only poster officially rated higher than me, I will always accept your opinion without question.

Soon I'll be headed south, and the number one podium will be yours. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am 

keyser soze wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Or are you saying we should not believe a bloody word any of them say ?

Blimey, next you'll be saying you believe what politicians say. :lol:

I've got this friend; very high up in the Nigerian army. He has a problem taking funds out of the country. If you help him out, he'll make it worth your while. Shall I ask him to email you? ;)

Would you, that would be fantastic, my email address is below.

winkiesvideosforthegullible.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Don't worry, this is my last thread on the subject.

Lots of threads recently about players, the manager, the club's accounts etc. Without stating the obvious, what I think a lot of fans can agree on is that something substantial has to change either on or off the pitch pretty sharpish. A couple of transfers here or there simply isn't going to cut it and fix the problems at our club.

I don't care whether it makes me "less" of a supporter - at the end of the day being a football fan is something we do in our spare time and at best a hobby. Fans don't have the patience for a "three year project" or whatever Neilson and Pete want to call it. That's fine if you work at the club full time, have all your money/livelihood invested in it, but one way or another fans won't put up with it.

Currently debating whether I want to go to the Northampton and Walsall away games. Would have been a no brainer years ago. This club has been on a downward spiral since 2015, and nothing positive has happened since our promotion.

I feel the problem lies deeper than just the players under performing and Neilson's management style. It's our general transfer activity, the obvious mistakes made by the decision makers behind the scenes (who have admitted these mistakes), its the lack of progress and improvement in almost every area of our club - the training ground development for example. The only area I can genuinely say we have promise in and excel in, is our academy under Edu Rubio.

Above all, it's the complete destruction of our identity as a club. Where has the technical, entertaining, exciting football we were known for gone? Where have the big team characters and togetherness gone? I'd rather watch a Robinson team struggle than a Neilson team struggle.

Genuinely think it's time that Pete considered stepping aside to let someone else with more experience oversee the club (whilst still retaining ownership). Either that, or he needs to make some substantial staff changes on and off the pitch - get rid of Neilson, sort out the recruitment department, put more focus on the training ground development.

Part of my frustration is the lack of communication and understanding from the club itself - I know it's their job to promote the club, but the way the social media accounts are run, the match reports, the press releases, always focus on the positives. This is fine most of the time, but when there is increasing fan discontent, it's a little patronising to dismiss it completely the way the club do with their overly positive attitude. It just serves to distance the club from fans. The club needs to accept we are in a shit situation in many ways, and actively do more to deal with it. How they do that, I don't know.

The more I think about it, that video interview Pete gave a few weeks ago was just a waste of time, and was completely patronising to fans.

I'm not sure I could put up with another season of this, 3 years in a row. Any other club would have dropped Neilson a long time ago, I genuinely believe that. I lost faith in Neilson months ago. I am rapidly losing faith (and patience) with the club and the board.

Not only for keeping Neilson on, despite contradicting everything they've said before (i.e. sacking Karl for being in 19th which Pete said wasn't acceptable, yet keeping Neilson on when he's 20th). But also all of the slip ups, fuck ups, poor decisions and club performance over the past 3 seasons with recruitment and performance.

Fans need something to be positive about - not just words of encouragement and faith, but positive action and decision making. I don't even know who we are as a club anymore. It's just not enjoyable in any respect. If someone asked me what one positive thing was about our club a the moment, I genuinely couldn't tell them.

"Part of my frustration is the lack of communication and understanding from the club itself - I know it's their job to promote the club, but the way the social media accounts are run, the match reports, the press releases, always focus on the positives. This is fine most of the time, but when there is increasing fan discontent, it's a little patronising to dismiss it completely the way the club do with their overly positive attitude."

Agree, but this is the way we of the masses are controlled & swayed in this global era of spin....it happens almost universally, in local & national government(s), all over the place.
Wrt the recent video interview by PW: two comments: Firstly, PW seemed somewhat agitated/exasperated that he was having to appear on account of (various) rumour(s) that had surfaced; but this was precisely for the reasons you have mentioned, Filthy, and was a large part due to the people around him (what club management would say nothing officially to its fanbase but would allow them to learn via observation & the internet that their longstanding legendary captain was curiously not a starter for the team, then more curiously that he was not on the bench , & then even more curiously that he was training with an opposition L1 club !! ). Secondly, a helpful interview it was, but PW needed to apologise on that interview (for the club having allowed the Lewie situation to escalate how it did without a hint of communication from the club). Saying sorry is good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:48 pm 

Filthy relax. I expect we would be in a better position had we the opportunity to play our best Xl more. Between injuries and suspensions we've been fighting an uphill battle. No team at our level would be excelling if they cant get their best players on the pitch playing.

It's going to be a building process. Our manager is new to the league, It would be fair to expect that in his time with us we will see the best of him as he grows in to and adapts to the league. We are in the process of rebuilding a squad, not every player will have been a succesful signing and as we get more time to rework this clean slate puzzle and address our needs and fine tune it I expect we will improve.

We have to play the long game. We have invested everything into a manager who had immediate success in scotland and who hit the ground running last season. We have to stick with him or risk decimating our budget and being in limbo for years. If it doesnt work out over the next 18 months just dont renew his contract.

I will say I think a lot of the problems fall at the fans feet. All this negativity and depleting crowds cant help the situation. Its no surprise with our shit, negative away following our away record is pants. Its no surprise that in the games fans have stood up and been counted and stuck with the team weve performed at our best.

Just chill the f out, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and try and make the most of the 90 minutes of escapism. All this over analysing and rehashing the same posts every other day is boring. Things arent gonna change over night, give them time and transfer activity to iron out issues in the squad. Instead of slagging off the clubs communication perhaps look at our own communication first because its not been very well spirited or helpful.

Cheers. Coyds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Filthy relax. I expect we would be in a better position had we the opportunity to play our best Xl more. Between injuries and suspensions we've been fighting an uphill battle. No team at our level would be excelling if they cant get their best players on the pitch playing.

It's going to be a building process. Our manager is new to the league, It would be fair to expect that in his time with us we will see the best of him as he grows in to and adapts to the league. We are in the process of rebuilding a squad, not every player will have been a succesful signing and as we get more time to rework this clean slate puzzle and address our needs and fine tune it I expect we will improve.

We have to play the long game. We have invested everything into a manager who had immediate success in scotland and who hit the ground running last season. We have to stick with him or risk decimating our budget and being in limbo for years. If it doesnt work out over the next 18 months just dont renew his contract.

I will say I think a lot of the problems fall at the fans feet. All this negativity and depleting crowds cant help the situation. Its no surprise with our shit, negative away following our away record is pants. Its no surprise that in the games fans have stood up and been counted and stuck with the team weve performed at our best.

Just chill the f out, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and try and make the most of the 90 minutes of escapism. All this over analysing and rehashing the same posts every other day is boring. Things arent gonna change over night, give them time and transfer activity to iron out issues in the squad. Instead of slagging off the clubs communication perhaps look at our own communication first because its not been very well spirited or helpful.

Cheers. Coyds

Mod - can I change my vote for poster of the year?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Cheers. Coyds

Mod - can I change my vote for poster of the year?

Great post nice to read some sensible comments.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next