THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:05 am 

WellDon wrote:
Silverous wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Fans don't have the patience for a "three year project"

Some fans don't. Which is fine. Some of us do. Which is fine too.

Can someone explain to me how it works when the fans of every club in the league that isn't in the top 6-10 and haven't been for 2-3 years lose patience with a three year project? Is it reasonable for fans of all clubs in the league to have high expectations or do some need to accept that they are going to be mid table each season until there is some serious talent emerging or money to splash on players? We have a mid-table squad in my view, at best, with a few exceptions like Aneke. I'm not even sure about Nicholls anymore. Unless or until that changes we won't be pushing anywhere. The goal should (now) be not being relegated and getting in a prolific, clinical striker, and strengthening defence in January IMHO.

One issue....you talk about the high expectations of fans, in our case, do you recall who set our expectations that high ?
Do you really think that fans should be blamed for that ?
Or are you saying we should not believe a bloody word any of them say ?

I've said before.... the expectation was set too high. I think Robbie may have said or intimated that too. It is taking longer than they expected, I'm glad they had the ambition but it is time to be realistic now. I think our expectation and reaction would be the same even if they didn't set them so high. The problem is they've set them at the top and we are at the bottom. I accept that but it doesn't mean we need a new chairman/manager, perhaps it means we need to be realistic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:18 am 

Being shit makes the very few victories all that more enjoyable.
Every cloud and all...... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:20 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
The more I think about it, that video interview Pete gave a few weeks ago was just a waste of time, and was completely patronising to fans.

You complain about lack of communication and then slag of the video. It beggars believe. At least you have said this is the last thread on the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:20 am 
Thedonandonly wrote:

Where have you been?! I've taken your most pessimistic title in your absence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Thedonandonly wrote:

Where have you been?! I've taken your most pessimistic title in your absence.

Im sure you would have won it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am 

keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I get the impression it is us old, cynical codgers that may have more patience.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 am 

WellDon wrote:
Silverous wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Can someone explain to me how it works when the fans of every club in the league that isn't in the top 6-10 and haven't been for 2-3 years lose patience with a three year project? Is it reasonable for fans of all clubs in the league to have high expectations or do some need to accept that they are going to be mid table each season until there is some serious talent emerging or money to splash on players? We have a mid-table squad in my view, at best, with a few exceptions like Aneke. I'm not even sure about Nicholls anymore. Unless or until that changes we won't be pushing anywhere. The goal should (now) be not being relegated and getting in a prolific, clinical striker, and strengthening defence in January IMHO.

One issue....you talk about the high expectations of fans, in our case, do you recall who set our expectations that high ?
Do you really think that fans should be blamed for that ?
Or are you saying we should not believe a bloody word any of them say ?

All words that come from management should be taken with hefty doses of salt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 am 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
The more I think about it, that video interview Pete gave a few weeks ago was just a waste of time, and was completely patronising to fans.

You complain about lack of communication and then slag of the video. It beggars believe. At least you have said this is the last thread on the subject.

But it took supporter pressure and an open letter for the club to address concerns (mainly the Lewie situation at the time). Looking back, it was a patronising attempt to appease fans.

Day to day, despite growing discontent, the club seems more than happy to continue as if everything is ok, and as if we aren't 2 points outside the relegation zone. I think that's why it seems as each week that goes by and things don't improve, more and more fans on social media are expressing their views. Because the club don't seem to be projecting an image of trying to change anything, apart from the occasional regurgited quote from Robbie about "needing to get better" which has been repeated countless times.

ReturnofMoo wrote:

Im sure you would have won it anyway.

No chance, you weren't here on the old forum.

Besides, I'm officially the second best poster on this forum too, so it balances out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I think if I’ve read this correctly, the complaint is about the quality of the content.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:21 am 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I think if I’ve read this correctly, the complaint is about the quality of the content.

Nothing will satisfy the pitchfolk mob until we start winning again.

The phrase through thick and thin is completely lost on some of our lot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next