THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm 
Brando wrote:
Just to add, frustrating as periods like this can be, it doesn’t make it a crisis. It’s football. It happens. Unless you’re one of a literal handful of clubs, crap seasons and occasional relegations are part of the fun.

Nobody is calling it a crisis, but it's avoidable. I don't understand how you can consider relegation fun. I can put up with mediocre, but active mismanagement of our club at nearly ever level isn't acceptable and shouldn't be to fans who commit a lot of time and money to following the club.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
What would be a welcome change is FD's constant and boring attempts to out spin even the BBC.

If the topic doesn't interest you then don't click on the thread, simple. What were you expecting in this thread?

To be quite honest, I don't really give a shit whether people disagree or not. Even those that disagree seem to think what I post is worthwhile and encourages discussion, according to the forum awards.

There are enough anti-Neilson, and increasingly discontent supporters to justify it. Was going to leave it with this thread, but you've inspired me to continue.

Oh dear, not keeping to your word already. How sad.

You can thank donmentor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 pm 
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
What would be a welcome change is FD's constant and boring attempts to out spin even the BBC.

If the topic doesn't interest you then don't click on the thread, simple. What were you expecting in this thread?

To be quite honest, I don't really give a shit whether people disagree or not. Even those that disagree seem to think what I post is worthwhile and encourages discussion, according to the forum awards.

There are enough anti-Neilson, and increasingly discontent supporters to justify it. Was going to leave it with this thread, but you've inspired me to continue.

Yippee.

All of what I post is more entertaining and interesting than your one word/one sentence replies on here, and many people disagree with you just as much as they disagree with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

You can thank donmentor.

A person who keeps to their word doesn't have to thank anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Brando wrote:
Just to add, frustrating as periods like this can be, it doesn’t make it a crisis. It’s football. It happens. Unless you’re one of a literal handful of clubs, crap seasons and occasional relegations are part of the fun.

Nobody is calling it a crisis, but it's avoidable. I don't understand how you can consider relegation fun. I can put up with mediocre, but active mismanagement of our club at nearly ever level isn't acceptable and shouldn't be to fans who commit a lot of time and money to following the club.

Active mismanagement?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:11 pm 

Anyway to answer your thread, "Something has to change, either on or off the pitch". I would say on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 pm 
Scribble wrote:
Filthy

If you want instant success, try supporting Man City, otherwise chill out and enjoy the roller coaster that is MK Dons :D

Bit extreme. I've never said I wanted instant success. I've followed this club almost since the beginning. It's the chronic poor decision making, the degradation of what little character/soul our club had built over the last decade, it's the constant poor management and decision making at several levels of our club.

I understand relegation and mediocrity are part of the life of a club and I'm fine with that, if I can genuinely say the club have done everything they can to try and deal with them positively and in a timely fashion. I can definitely say our club haven't done that and have made poor decisions and continue to make them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

You can thank donmentor.

A person who keeps to their word doesn't have to thank anyone.

That makes no sense, whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 pm 

To see Filthy criticised for his repetition by a poster who did virtually nothing on here apart from criticise Karl Robinson for almost SIX YEARS until KR left is... well...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm 
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Brando wrote:

Active mismanagement?

Inconsistent decision making, giving the first team manager a different set of parameters to his predecessor despite nothing else changing (i.e. not sacking Neilson for performing worse than Robinson, being in 20th when Robbo was sacked for being 19th and Pete saying it wasn't acceptable then, why should it be now?).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next