THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE RESULTS & REVIEWOXFORD UNITED
I think I’m going to be in the minority here, but in the grand scheme of things I didn’t think we played too bad, especially when you consider the mammoth effort we put in just two days earlier.

All three goals were defensive mistakes, Golbourne seemed out of position too many times and got caught the wrong side, forcing Cisse to come across to cover him. Nicholls could certainly have done better with the shot he half saved, and then failed to collect the second ball, and the third Landell like Golbourne got caught the wrong side after a hopeful long ball when we were attacking.

Other than that, I think we pretty much matched them, don’t get me wrong I thought both sides were poor to average, but it pretty much confirmed my thoughts during the journey to the ground, we were always going to suffer after the quick turnaround from the Posh game.

One thing yesterday did become clear was that without Chuks starting we are bloody weak up front, Muirhead is not even close to being half the player he is, and him and Agard had little effect other than and Agard header that should have found the target, and may possibly have changed the game if converted.

Of course, this means that our next two league games have even more importance, KFC can if they win their game in hand go above us, and a loss to them could make things very uncomfortable for many reasons. The following week we are away to the Cobblers, they are starting to come adrift at the bottom so a loss to them, will only close that gap.

The Transfer Window is now open, how that will pan out is anyone’s guess, but the wish list of some is I venture pie in the sky, the suggested experienced players at this level is pretty much out of reach. it’s not a secret that we never part with cash readily, and unless we unload Lewington, Seager, and a few others the only thing I can see coming in our direction is unknown loans or free transfers that force a mass migration to Google to find out who they are.

I don’t think we will get relegated, but I equally don’t think we are going to perform some mass recovery into the middle of the table, and its going to be a struggle to survive, one thing is for sure this season has not panned out the way many felt it would, and I have seen many that urged patience in the early weeks fall by the wayside as the season has progressed, or conveniently forget how they lambasted those that saw the early warning signs.

One final word on this, I was pleased to see so many make the effort yesterday, possibly seduced into buying a ticket after the Posh game, I am though disappointed to see some very quickly jump back on the Neilson out campaign the second things started going wrong, to me you should leave your politics at the door, when that first whistle sounds it should be total support and nothing else.

And very finally, thank you to those that voted for the APL Prediction League as thread of the year, it is a labour of love, but its nice to know that my efforts are appreciated even if you don’t always agree with my point of view.

Looking at the APL for this game, it seems the festive period has meant a slight downturn in predictions with 39 predictions made. Out of those 39 nobody predicted Gilbey to get the goal, and just one person, FilthyDon, predicted the score correctly and gets 5 points, the remainder predicted a Dons defeat with the wrong scoreline and get 2 points.

There were just 29 points scored for this game.

DISPUTES PANEL – There is a dispute over a prediction made by SG19 Cowshed das Boot for the Peterborough game, I’m not looking for comments on here, but I will be sending some of you a PM today to make a judgement call, so please keep an eye on your messages.

That’s it for this week, I can put my feet up for a week, the APL will return for the KFC game.

Once again Happy New Year, and I’ll hopefully see some of you at QPR.

8-) WellDon

The APL Hall of Fame
3 – MK59DON
2 – Southstander, Camdenite, Blodwyn, Scribble
1 – BertieWoostersDonsClub, mkdonsdan4, BuzzardDon, kempstondons6, ChaChaDon, Dazzerdon, epdon, Kowalski, Grundit, Sparky, Bloxham Don, Just A Don, Woburn, Peterr, Greg, APMKDon, Steampunk Don, Oldfarmdons, Fraser

APL League Table 2017/18
97 POINTS – Southstander, Scribble
94 POINTS – Camdenite
92 POINTS - SG19 Cowshed das Boot
91 POINTS – SteelbackDon
77 POINTS - Nobbydon
76 POINTS – Sparky
64 POINTS - Bill
62 POINTS – kempstondons6
61 POINTS – MK59DON
60 POINTS – Bloxham Don
59 POINTS - Woburn