THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Toby Lock
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:51 am 

The story has been picked up by other papers also.... won't do him any favours.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/27/do ... for-aston/

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa ... e-mk-dons/

I don't think he's been great but then I don't think he's been terrible either, press seem to be reacting to fans expectations and comments.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:34 am 

Maybe, Toby is trying to reach the standards or Journalism required to get a job in Sun or Daily Mail?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 am 

I'll stick my head above the parapet here. Haven't read anything there I disagree with. If he wants praise he needs to improve drastically. Wouldn't be in my starting 11 that's for sure. One comment I picked up on, when he looses the ball he doesn't chase back and try to win the ball back, well he doesn't, I've studied him time after time fail to do this. You don't need to be good to do that just committed and I'm afraid I don't see that. Regarding driving the team forward he's like someone overdosed on night nurse. He could improve his game no end without the need of tremendous skill. So over to him imo. It's down to decide what he wants in life. Regarding slating the press for reporting nothing more than a lot of fans are saying, what do we want them to do? Tell us a fairy tale? Get real people please.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:44 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
I'll stick my head above the parapet here. Haven't read anything there I disagree with. If he wants praise he needs to improve drastically. Wouldn't be in my starting 11 that's for sure. One comment I picked up on, when he looses the ball he doesn't chase back and try to win the ball back, well he doesn't, I've studied him time after time fail to do this. You don't need to be good to do that just committed and I'm afraid I don't see that. Regarding driving the team forward he's like someone overdosed on night nurse. He could improve his game no end without the need of tremendous skill. So over to him imo. It's down to decide what he wants in life. Regarding slating the press for reporting nothing more than a lot of fans are saying, what do we want them to do? Tell us a fairy tale? Get real people please.

Totally agree, wasn't there a topic on TCR complaining how the press weren't asking the awkward questions?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 am 

Osman Sow has been a far bigger let down than Tshibola so far, yet I don't see him getting any stick.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Osman Sow has been a far bigger let down than Tshibola so far, yet I don't see him getting any stick.

Think there's been one or two murmurs on here iirc but in his defence he has been out inured and not fully match fit yet or played many games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 am 

When we have Nesbitt who comes on and looks far more sharper in 20 minutes on Tuesday than Tshibola has in however many games he has played then I can see why people get pissy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 am 

Russybcool wrote:
When we have Nesbitt who comes on and looks far more sharper in 20 minutes on Tuesday than Tshibola has in however many games he has played then I can see why people get pissy.

They play in different positions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:02 am 

Russybcool wrote:

Yes but they are different types of players. Nesbitt is a winger, Tshibola is a DM or at a push a CM. The issue is is that we are playing both Cisse and Tshibola in midfield together and they are too similar. I like Cisse but I feel Tshibola is better suited to this league than him and its clear the see the talent is there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Yes but they are different types of players. Nesbitt is a winger, Tshibola is a DM or at a push a CM. The issue is is that we are playing both Cisse and Tshibola in midfield together and they are too similar. I like Cisse but I feel Tshibola is better suited to this league than him and its clear the see the talent is there.

So why was Luke Ashmed talking about nesbitt starting over Tshibola? I am not lost on the whole thing