THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Toby Lock
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm 

Seems set in giving Tshibola a right good kicking in the newspaper version of the Citizen today. Fair or not?

Post subject: Re: Toby Lock
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Seems set in giving Tshibola a right good kicking in the newspaper version of the Citizen today. Fair or not?

I haven't read it. Tshibola hasn't done great, but if the piece was anything like Luke Ashmead's behaviour, rounding on a player in a one-eyed way like that doesn't raise my opinion of Toby Lock.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 pm 

Sausage wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

I haven't read it. Tshibola hasn't done great, but if the piece was anything like Luke Ashmead's behaviour, rounding on a player like that doesn't raise my opinion of Toby Lock.

Headline is "Brought back to earth. Tshibola struggles at MK Dons continue."

Feels like 'let's find a whipping boy to get some cheap copy' ,to me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Sausage wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
I haven't read it. Tshibola hasn't done great, but if the piece was anything like Luke Ashmead's behaviour, rounding on a player like that doesn't raise my opinion of Toby Lock.

Did he mention that Tshibola has hardly played for two years?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm 

Sausage wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Sausage wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

Did he mention that Tshibola has hardly played for two years?

Funnily enough he didn't quite get round to that. Focus was :-

"Victim of his price tag, but Aaron Tshibola is lost in Dons' midfield"

And then compares him to Alli. Grubby stuff in my view.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 pm 

This is getting ridiculous. They can write what they want ultimately but I can't help but feel Tshibola will not benefit any more from this scapegoating by our media. I've never seen anything like this, when we had Gallagher playing appallingly, or Spence getting ruined at right back, or McLoughlin being crap in net. Leave him alone. Other players have been shit this season and no mention. Young lad being bullied by local media.

I believe there is a decent player in there. And the constant mentions of his transfer fee baffle me. Of course he cost £5. He was/is a promising young talent and Villa had to overpay to get him from a Championship promotion rival. Plus WE didn't pay for it so I don't see why it's an issue. He didn't choose it and neither did we.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm 

Alby wrote:
This is getting ridiculous. They can write what they want ultimately but I can't help but feel Tshibola will not benefit any more from this scapegoating by our media. I've never seen anything like this, when we had Gallagher playing appallingly, or Spence getting ruined at right back, or McLoughlin being crap in net. Leave him alone. Other players have been shit this season and no mention. Young lad being bullied by local media.

I believe there is a decent player in there. And the constant mentions of his transfer fee baffle me. Of course he cost £5. He was/is a promising young talent and Villa had to overpay to get him from a Championship promotion rival. Plus WE didn't pay for it so I don't see why it's an issue. He didn't choose it and neither did we.

Quality post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 pm 
Think people forget he is relatively inexperienced - just over a season’s worth of experience across his entire pro career so far. He needs time, but also needs to step things up a bit. Was great in preseason, just expected a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:00 pm 

I also expected more and have moaned about him a fair bit but when the media are outing one individual player it harms back to days when's england perform badly in tournaments and the media blame s few individuals. Like Sterling that time. Now everyone is afraid to praise him because they'll look like idiots.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Alby wrote:

Quality post.

Agreed

I respect that the Journos have to earn a living and will never please everyone, but this does seem to be OTT