THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Crap
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
The squad needs decent coaching, not a massive shake up.

Yes, agreed but it seems that certain players aren’t capable of cutting out the mistakes and don’t appear to be getting Robbie’s “we’ll learn from this” message. That’s excusable if it’s kids, but it’s not. I think the only player I trust out there defensively is Walsh. Whoever he partners at CB or has on his left flank, he has to talk them through the game. That shouldn’t be happening given the experience out there.

On the face of it we really should have a more than competent back four/five with bags of experience at this level. It’s not working out that way.. Communication and recognising the dangers when they arise are what’s costing us. That more a mental thing than coaching. Maybe the blend just isn’t right?

You can also argue what cover are they getting from central midfield.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

Yes, agreed but it seems that certain players aren’t capable of cutting out the mistakes and don’t appear to be getting Robbie’s “we’ll learn from this” message. That’s excusable if it’s kids, but it’s not. I think the only player I trust out there defensively is Walsh. Whoever he partners at CB or has on his left flank, he has to talk them through the game. That shouldn’t be happening given the experience out there.

On the face of it we really should have a more than competent back four/five with bags of experience at this level. It’s not working out that way.. Communication and recognising the dangers when they arise are what’s costing us. That more a mental thing than coaching. Maybe the blend just isn’t right?

He’s playing for Rotherham.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:38 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

I said this the other day to someone at the match. Maybe the players he signed as good as they are just aren’t right alongside each other. If that’s the case I feel sorry for Robbie Neilson but you live and die by your decisions.
I don’t really doubt any more about team spirit in the locker room. I reckon they probably all get on fine. They look like they wanna be here and whatnot. But I wonder if they’re suited to each other’s game? Too many players too similar or doing too much too similar on the field.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm 

dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

He’s playing for Rotherham.

:lol: True.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

I don’t think that’s been particularly bad. Granted, we haven’t got a Stephen Gleeson to mop things up at source but for me it’s not dealing with balls in our box decisively, not tracking runners and being so susceptible to anything launched from deep. Throw in a ‘keeper who’s making a lot of very similar handling errors in terms of parrying shots that really should be held, and pushing things back into danger rather than wide, then it’s easy to see why we’re conceding so many sloppy goals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I don’t think that’s been particularly bad. Granted, we haven’t got a Stephen Gleeson to mop things up at source but for me it’s not dealing with balls in our box decisively, not tracking runners and being so susceptible to anything launched from deep. Throw in a ‘keeper who’s making a lot of very similar handling errors in terms of parrying shots that really should be held, and pushing things back into danger rather than wide, then it’s easy to see why we’re conceding so many sloppy goals.

Just looked at the highlights and at one time you could get the M1 inbetween the defence and midfield, while both McGrandles and Upson were guilty of not tracking runners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Just looked at the highlights and at one time you could get the M1 inbetween the defence and midfield, while both McGrandles and Upson were guilty of not tracking runners.

A confident team play with a high defensive line and that gap is tiny. Difficult to do when things aren’t going well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:57 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

He’s playing for Millwall.

Fixed that for you. ;-)

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:42 am 

I agree that the Compo for Neilson will use up any money for some experienced team members in January, but given we have very little money the only players we would get are either inexperienced or injured, it is also unlikely that we will get any decent loans given w are in a relegation dogfight. So I think get rid of negative Nessie and get a manager that can keep us up with what we have and then spend in the summer to get us pushing for promotion next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:02 am 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

He’s playing for Millwall.

Fixed that for you. ;-)

:lol: