THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:08 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
That's fine if all you care about is the occasional entertaining game. But I want to see us progress. A hard fought victory with 9 men is great entertainment, but doesn't change our season. If it spurs us on then great, but if we lose to Oxford, it means nothing in terms of our season and our form will still be atrocious. Why does it matter where I watch the game from? I'll be at the game tomorrow, just like I am for most away games (barring the Scunthorpe, Donny and Rotherham games I missed), but even if I wasn't I still care about the result and the club. You aren't any more of a fan for physically being in the stadium, you should know that by now.

The occasional entertaining game is not all we care about. We want results.

BUT... that wasn’t an entertaining game. That was a great experience. It became a rare event that pushed everything else off the plate for the day.

To see and hear every single player putting everything in against the odds, including those off the ball who you don’t often see on TV doing their covering and keeping shape, to feel the rising tension of everyone in the crowd as those 68 minutes ticked slowly away, then to hear that final whistle and have every Dons fan in the stadium stand as one, applauding and cheering, and hardly anyone leaving until all the players were down the tunnel...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:15 pm 

Sausage wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
That's fine if all you care about is the occasional entertaining game. But I want to see us progress. A hard fought victory with 9 men is great entertainment, but doesn't change our season. If it spurs us on then great, but if we lose to Oxford, it means nothing in terms of our season and our form will still be atrocious. Why does it matter where I watch the game from? I'll be at the game tomorrow, just like I am for most away games (barring the Scunthorpe, Donny and Rotherham games I missed), but even if I wasn't I still care about the result and the club. You aren't any more of a fan for physically being in the stadium, you should know that by now.

BUT... that wasn’t an entertaining game. That was a great experience. It became a rare event that pushed everything else off the plate for the day.

To see and hear every single player putting everything in against the odds, including those off the ball who you don’t often see on TV doing their covering and keeping shape, to feel the rising tension of everyone in the crowd as those 68 minutes ticked slowly away, then to hear that final whistle and have every Dons fan in the stadium stand as one, applauding and cheering, and hardly anyone leaving until all the players were down the tunnel...

This.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:37 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

This.

That.

Go out tonight Filthy, and find that girl... ;)

...And Happy New Year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:47 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

This.

That.

...And Happy New Year.

Don't do it filthy, the place would fall apart without your provocation of counter points. Stay in tonight and prepare the trebouchet for 5pm tomorrow if we underwhelm :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sausage wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

This.

That.

...And Happy New Year.

Don't do it filthy, the place would fall apart without your provocation of counter points. Stay in tonight and prepare the trebouchet for 5pm tomorrow if we underwhelm :D

No, go out tonight Filthy, enjoy yourself and make sure you’re back home before midnight and don’t wear glass shoes. Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 pm 

Sausage wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

(I started early - sh*t it's only 7.16...pm lads pm... ;) so...) I couldn't have put it better meself.
Excellent post S. Excellent post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:11 am 
I can't go out. I have a moral responsibility to crush the spirits of any Dons supporter should there be a faint glimmer of hope at any point during the season. Hope to see business as usual resume at 5pm this evening.

Happy New Year everybody.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/947588182207430656[/tweet]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:45 am 

From a personal point of view, that game was a bit special, and I'd rank it alongside ones like these...

My first Dons game, which was against Oldham at the NHS. It reignited my love of footy after a long break.

The League Cup game away at Cardiff on a Tuesday night. Where 101 of us outsang an entire stadium. Yes we lost, but the camaraderie was special.

Wembley. Not so much for the match, but rather the experience.

United, obviously.

The promotion game against Yeovil.

The first KFC match. Which still ranks as my greatest footy experience.

Forest away when we were in The Championship. Just an absolutely brilliant day.

I've said recently that I couldn't give two fucks whether we win, lose or draw, but I was genuinely nervous towards the end of the game. So perhaps I'm not as dissociated as I'd wish.

But at the end of the day, it was a great afternoon. We'd asked Neilson to show some passion, and boy did he. It obviously made it a bit special as it was against them, and I'm not sure that it would've been as special against someone else. The team were ecstatic at full time. I don't really know what else you can ask. We'll probably revert to norm this afternoon, but whatever happens, Saturday was a bit of a turning point for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:57 am 

Gers wrote:
From a personal point of view, that game was a bit special, and I'd rank it alongside ones like these...

My first Dons game, which was against Oldham at the NHS. It reignited my love of footy after a long break.

The League Cup game away at Cardiff on a Tuesday night. Where 101 of us outsang an entire stadium. Yes we lost, but the camaraderie was special.

United, obviously.

I've said recently that I couldn't give two fucks whether we win, lose or draw, but I was genuinely nervous towards the end of the game. So perhaps I'm not as dissociated as I'd wish.

But at the end of the day, it was a great afternoon. We'd asked Neilson to show some passion, and boy did he. It obviously made it a bit special as it was against them, and I'm not sure that it would've been as special against someone else. The team were ecstatic at full time. I don't really know what else you can ask. We'll probably revert to norm this afternoon, but whatever happens, Saturday was a bit of a turning point for me.

Barnet away? “He won us the cup”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:30 am 

Gers wrote:

United, obviously.

Top post.