THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pitch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:44 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:
It's funny, I was at the game(s) this evening and from the East Stand the pitch looked better than I had expected

That said, I'm sat here looking at the match report on the BBC and they have written:

Quote:
Pitch conditions were not ideal as there were several occasions where the ball bobbled near the touchline and Wiegman later said it was "unacceptable for this level"

:shock:

Yup, we can say goodbye to hosting games like this in future. Club has an endless list of things to answer for this season.

Called it. I said this would happen. Mind you two games back to back on the same pitch in February is a dense idea regardless of if the pitch was good but yeah another lucrative income stream down the shitter. 21k there last night. More than we get in nearly 4 home games at the moment. I really do wonder what the fuck is their idea is if they have one at all

I'd imagine they kept all the revenue from food last. As I was by a kiosk in the West stand and had queues going back 20 yards for a large proportion of the evening

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:51 am 

donmentor wrote:
Pete should be asking questions as to authorized the specification for changing the type of pitch, who ordered the constant watering and does the new groundsman know what he is doing.

Pete has always operated on the principle of not interfering once he has appointed someone to a particular job. Very commendable, but not always wise.

Hopefully he gets an absolute bollocking from the FA and the future contracts ripped up - and that is the final realization for him that he (and those he has appointed) can't run a football club and things need to change. This season has just been awful decision after awful decision - and most have PW's signature on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:51 am 

Wasn’t the pitch bought and paid for by the WFA for the Women’s EURO’s, so in their eyes it only had to be able to host 4 matches, and after that it didn’t matter to them. It certainly doesn’t look to be of the quality we have seen before, which makes me think it was nothing more than a poor quality carpet laid on top.
I think it’s harsh blaming the groundsman, he’s only trying to a job with the tools he’s given, a bit like Manning & Jackson.
Like I said I’m not sure about the pitch, but I’m sure somebody told me something along these lines.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:51 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Wasn’t the pitch bought and paid for by the WFA for the Women’s EURO’s, so in their eyes it only had to be able to host 4 matches, and after that it didn’t matter to them. It certainly doesn’t look to be of the quality we have seen before, which makes me think it was nothing more than a poor quality carpet laid on top.
I think it’s harsh blaming the groundsman, he’s only trying to a job with the tools he’s given, a bit like Manning & Jackson.
Like I said I’m not sure about the pitch, but I’m sure somebody told me something along these lines.

The Supporters Board minutes gives the background. We abandoned the previous, expensive, Desso pitch. Went for a new type, which still includes some sort of fibre, but frost broke the threads(!). This was unexpected but you get what you pay for I reckon. The club are going to go for a new Desso pitch in... 2024? iirc...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:01 pm 

So they went for something cheaper and...ok...we get it...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:

New club motto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:52 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

New club motto

Excellent idea.
I expect to see that under our logo on the front of the players' shirts at the next home game - not that I'm likely to attend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:33 pm 

I just read in the paper ('i') "MK Dons' pitch used to be a state of the art carpet. Today it looked like the moths had visited even before the lionesses stepped onto it".
Woopy F- do...... :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:23 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

New club motto

Excellent idea.
I expect to see that under our logo on the front of the players' shirts at the next home game - not that I'm likely to attend.

As long as it is a tacky heat transfer and none of that expensive embroidery nonsense. Ideally something that comes flying straight off after one wash. That should do the trick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:59 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

New club motto

Excellent idea.

As long as it is a tacky heat transfer and none of that expensive embroidery nonsense. Ideally something that comes flying straight off after one wash. That should do the trick.

Oh that goes without saying.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next