All times are UTC

Post subject: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:22 pm 

Our best formation is 4-3-2.

Our second best formation is 7-0-1.

8-)

Post subject: Re: What I learned today
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm 

Driving back and listening to 3CR there was a reference to a Wycombe game many years ago under similar circumstances.
I was there. (Wasn't Lewie sent off?) We went 4-4-0 then and as I recall and Aaron W had a few forays up front intermittently.
Did it end as a draw?

Today was much better. You could actually see the confidence in the players. ""F- this is gonna be difficult but we'll have a damn good go" into....."We might just do it" .....turning into "we CAN do it". tactics were spot on from the time wasting to the 'hoof it' to the 'hold onto it before we hoof it'.

Yeah it's one win after 13/14/15 I've F- lost count but I'm mighty proud of my team today. They came expecting to turn us over and they looked...mediocre...and it is frankly embarrassing for them that they couldn't score against 9 men despite have a 2 man advantage for an hour.

The crowd played no small part. Their lot were awful. The odd 'roar' for a corner but little 'support' - clearly been learning how to behave from us. Dare one say the lack of booing and actual singing/clapping actually helped? Nah. Silly question. F- it. back to booing at next game at home. Who's it against again?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 pm 

I learned today that we do have players who want to play for us, also a home crowd who can back the team even in adversity.

We need to take this attitude forward into every game, you could see the players were reacting to the fans making a din and we played a part in this spectacular match, by urging them on none of them gave less than 100%.

Well done everybody there today, a game never to be forgotten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:32 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I learned today that we do have players who want to play for us, also a home crowd who can back the team even in adversity.

We need to take this attitude forward into every game, you could see the players were reacting to the fans making a din and we played a part in this spectacular match, by urging them on none of them gave less than 100%.

Well done everybody there today, a game never to be forgotten

F-ing right mate. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Driving back and listening to 3CR there was a reference to a Wycombe game many years ago under similar circumstances.
I was there. (Wasn't Lewie sent off?) We went 4-4-0 then and as I recall and Aaron W had a few forays up front intermittently.
Did it end as a draw?

Today was much better. You could actually see the confidence in the players. ""F- this is gonna be difficult but we'll have a damn good go" into....."We might just do it" .....turning into "we CAN do it". tactics were spot on from the time wasting to the 'hoof it' to the 'hold onto it before we hoof it'.

Yeah it's one win after 13/14/15 I've F- lost count but I'm mighty proud of my team today. They came expecting to turn us over and they looked...mediocre...and it is frankly embarrassing for them that they couldn't score against 9 men despite have a 2 man advantage for an hour.

The crowd played no small part. Their lot were awful. The odd 'roar' for a corner but little 'support' - clearly been learning how to behave from us. Dare one say the lack of booing and actual singing/clapping actually helped? Nah. Silly question. F- it. back to booing at next game at home. Who's it against again?

Lloyd Dyer and Keef Andrews I think.

They sat to the right of the away end in 2nd half.

Great memories.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 pm 

What we surely all learned was that we have players and fans that can go the extra mile for their club. One of the greatest performances I have ever witnessed. To a man, the players gave everything. And what an atmosphere - even in my usually quiet part of the East Stand, guys were losing their voices supporting the team.

Absolutely loved it. A game I will never forget.

Could be running on empty at Oxford on Monday so let's pitch up in numbers and get behind the team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
What we surely all learned was that we have players and fans that can go the extra mile for their club. One of the greatest performances I have ever witnessed. To a man, the players gave everything. And what an atmosphere - even in my usually quiet part of the East Stand, guys were losing their voices supporting the team.

Absolutely loved it. A game I will never forget.

Could be running on empty at Oxford on Monday so let's pitch up in numbers and get behind the team.

Oxford are F-d IMHO: we could do well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 pm 

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 pm 

Yes it was Keef. Deservedly!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 pm 

I learned that the tough pre-season Neilson inflicted on the players was worth it. In the last 15 minutes it was Posh players looking tired and making mistakes.