THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Supporting the Dons
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm 

I don’t have to justify myself to any of the morons but reading it yet again on a pish post last nuit well ok…who did I used to support? Many Many years ago in a galaxy far far away I supported Palace. I was from Bromley and that was my local team. You supported your local club. I moved up here in the 80s.

So for those who say we are ‘plastic’ as we had other teams to support before the advent (apposite huh?) of MKD so who were they eh?
Northampton – I’d lived here 3 years before I’d even become aware that a town called Northampton existed never mind that they had a football team. Went once and thought ‘er no. Dull.’

Luton? Well all I knew was that at one point Eric Morecambe was their chairman. On going to one game there many many years ago as a supporter (for the day to see what it was like) I wasn’t impressed. The place was full of what my dear old mother would call ‘nasty types’. I can put up with bad language and faux nastiness but there was a level of cretinness/cretinernity (if such words exist) I thought ‘well I won’t be back here’. And there was no fun (check Iggy dudes) in the crowd.

Dropped out of football altogether until me kids had started to play in the yoof league. Then one day one of the other dads offered me tickets to see a game at the NHS. I think it was Oldham. I was back, hooked. I didn’t give a toss who the team was or wasn’t supposed to be it was now my local team. Never looked back.

FACT. AFC Wimbledon was formed in 2002 “It was preserving that glorious past that drove followers of the club to start again in the summer of 2002 after a specially appointed three-man FA commission shocked football fans everywhere by allowing the old Wimbledon FC to relocate to a Buckinghamshire new town. Determined not to let a proud 104-year history die, Dons supporters organised themselves and within just six weeks AFC Wimbledon - a club the commission had declared would be “not in the wider interests of football” - was born.” From their website.

FACT: Wimbledon fc moved here in 2003 Hang on. Afc formed in 2002 but Wimbledon fc was still in existence? Moved up here (for good or ill ) in 2003? And er NO NO BUT…..2002 is before 2003 isn't it? Does this mean Wimbledon fc was still in existence when the new afc Wimbledon was formed? Answer ‘yes’. THEY ABANDONED THEIR CLUB.

But like Gers posted some time ago…there are some you simply can’t argue with.

F- 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Anyone else hardly able to speak this morning?! :lol:

Yes, croaky voice for me too this morning, but I am lubricating it full on tonight and I should be fighting fit for a sing song at Oxford tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Yes, croaky voice for me too this morning, but I am lubricating it full on tonight and I should be fighting fit for a sing song at Oxford tomorrow.

Rather too much information there but what you get up to in the privacy of your own home etc..... :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:59 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Kempstondons6 wrote:

This :D

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.