THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bradford game off?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:39 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
On their forum it mentioned that one of their call ups was a loanee, which apparently isn’t included in the quota.

Yeah, I read that as well, I presume he's not technically a Bradford player so it's not counted, all a bit confusing, I think us missing Cisse and Callum could be more disadvantages, I'll miss this one anyway as I'm away, first home game I've not attended in over three seasons

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 am 
Biggest game of the season so far this, will be an indicator of where we stand whilst showing a bit of form, and show (if any) improvement has been made over the last couple of months. Last time we beat Bradford in the league was way back in 2008 in our L2 promotion season. If we get the win, it will be a massive result.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Biggest game of the season so far this, will be an indicator of where we stand whilst showing a bit of form, and show (if any) improvement has been made over the last couple of months. Last time we beat Bradford in the league was way back in 2008 in our L2 promotion season. If we get the win, it will be a massive result.

I agree, 13 of our 17 points this season have come against the bottom five in the league. If we can get a win at the weekend against one of the best teams in the league who have lost in two consecutive play-off campaigns, I would start to think that we might be able to do something this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:59 am 

Scribble wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
On their forum it mentioned that one of their call ups was a loanee, which apparently isn’t included in the quota.

Yeah, I read that as well, I presume he's not technically a Bradford player so it's not counted, all a bit confusing, I think us missing Cisse and Callum could be more disadvantages, I'll miss this one anyway as I'm away, first home game I've not attended in over three seasons

I think Callum will be the biggest miss, Williams doesn't get forward as much as Callum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:29 am 

Scribble wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

That claim got debunked by a few other posters. Think about it logically, it has to be the club you’re at, not the club that have loaned you out.

Anyway, it turns out that the two players called up so far are not starters and so their fans would be very surprised if this gets called off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:51 am 

Definitely on.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... firmation/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am 

Don't know how many tickets we give clubs but Bradford have sold their allocation and now advising people to buy their tickets on the day at Stadium MK!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:17 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Don't know how many tickets we give clubs but Bradford have sold their allocation and now advising people to buy their tickets on the day at Stadium MK!

What is it with Yorkshire people eh?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08 pm 

And did I hear that it's also going out live on TalkSport?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:16 pm 

BuzzardDon wrote:
And did I hear that it's also going out live on TalkSport?

Yes according to their forum.