THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: A media whipping boy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm 

Luke Ashmead, Toby Whatsit and others will be out marching the streets of MK with their pitchforks tonight chasing Tshibola. Many of our fans will be the same. The truth is that Nielson knows more about football in his little finger than most of the local media put together. Yes Tshibola cocked up and will pay the price with a ban. Let's not all just jump blindly onto a clickbait bandwagon, though.

Post subject: Re: A media whipping boy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:03 pm 

He's shit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:04 pm 

Tshibola is a victim of fans' perceptions of value failing to keep up with the reality inflation in football. The fact that he cost £5m reflects more on the money available to Villa, who were a big club with pockets stuffed full of parachute cash when they signed him last summer, than on Tshibola. £5m is the new £1m. It's nothing. The transfer fee seems to be a popular stick to beat him with, but it's not a very fair one.

He clearly hasn't been great, but he hasn't been as catastrophic as Ashmead suggests (with slightly odd ferocity). He's an inexperienced midfielder in a team that still doesn't look particularly coherent. Stupid red card today, but in general, deserves more slack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 pm 

He's been good in a couple of games this season but not enough. He has definitely been used as a scape goat multiple times in the past though. However, today there really is no defending him. Messing around with the ball in a stupid area, losing it and then fouling the man to get a straight red.

You'd feel absolutely robbed if you spent £5mil on him though, thats for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 pm 

Got talent but lacks effort and passion....simply not good enough simple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Luke Ashmead, Toby Whatsit and others will be out marching the streets of MK with their pitchforks tonight chasing Tshibola. Many of our fans will be the same. The truth is that Nielson knows more about football in his little finger than most of the local media put together. Yes Tshibola cocked up and will pay the price with a ban. Let's not all just jump blindly onto a clickbait bandwagon, though.

This. Not sure he'll make long term it but I'm not getting the flaming torch and pitchfork out just yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm 

Bloxham Don wrote:
Got talent but lacks effort and passion....simply not good enough simple

Yup!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:55 pm 

He isn't very good. No amount of ranting and raving will change that. In actual fact he's appalling. I honestly can't see what Neilson sees in him.
There was talk today about a clause in his loan deal that he must play. I wouldn't be surprised if there were, because I just can't see for the life of me why he continues to start.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:58 pm 
Think you’ll be in the minority with that view familymkdonsfan.

He’s just not good enough - attitude, performances etc.

Also - I wouldnt write off the opinions of Ashmead, Lock etc all have been covering football and the club for years and years and will know a fair bit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 pm 

He's a good player who isn't playing particularly well, but nowhere near as badly as the hysteria would suggest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next