THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Playoffs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:02 pm 

Oh well we aren’t going up automatically. Playoffs it is (think many had already accepted this to be fair).

I expect plenty of rotation in the final games of the season.

Post subject: Re: Playoffs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:55 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Oh well we aren’t going up automatically. Playoffs it is (think many had already accepted this to be fair).

And why not? as Barry Norman was reputed to often say (although I think he claimed he never did).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

And why not? as Barry Norman was reputed to often say (although I think he claimed he never did).

He wouldn't argue now anyway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:16 pm 

I'd prefer to be away first, as at least we then know exactly what we have to do at home - which, hopefully, may turn out to be not as big a recovery as we fear. Whereas playing at home first, aware of our away struggles, puts huge pressure on us looking to take a big lead to the away leg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 pm 

Whoever we get in the play offs, we’ll lose the away tie probably by two goals, so to give us any chance the away leg has to be first

Just why we are so shit away from home, is an enigma MW has failed to address, that’s why we are in the play offs rather than autos, yes he’s done a great job to get us here, but it could have been even better

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:40 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

He wouldn't argue now anyway

True.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:50 pm 

Plum wrote:
I'd prefer to be away first, as at least we then know exactly what we have to do at home - which, hopefully, may turn out to be not as big a recovery as we fear. Whereas playing at home first, aware of our away struggles, puts huge pressure on us looking to take a big lead to the away leg.

That worked so well for us two years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:53 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Whoever we get in the play offs, we’ll lose the away tie probably by two goals, so to give us any chance the away leg has to be first

Just why we are so shit away from home, is an enigma MW has failed to address, that’s why we are in the play offs rather than autos, yes he’s done a great job to get us here, but it could have been even better

We are not shit away we are just really good at home. Last time I looked we were top of home form and 13th for away form.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scribble wrote:

We are not shit away we are just really good at home. Last time I looked we were top of home form and 13th for away form.

We are wank then. 13th is abysmal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scribble wrote:

We’ve won 7 out of 21 away games, with a GD of -10, not great for a team with promotion ambitions, nobody can argue with our home record which is fantastic