THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:10 am 

Despite the doom and gloom maybe the plan is to bring 2 or 3 more "pre-agreed" players in January that they've decided will bring the spine to the team? Maybe that's also why Robbie isnt panicking in his post matches?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:18 am 
midfielder wrote:
Despite the doom and gloom maybe the plan is to bring 2 or 3 more "pre-agreed" players in that they've decided will bring the spine to the team? Maybe that's also why Robbie isnt panicking in his post matches?

If they are so key/vital to turning our season around, then I'd be concerned that these weren't identified in the summer - which they should have been given the glaringly obvious absence of Reeves, Barnes, Baldock etc and the huge contribution they gave last season. Wasn't picked up upon then, and if it's taken until January then that's another negative against Neilson and his analysts.

2 or 3 players won't turn us around unless they are worldies. Sow was meant to be the elusive #9 that was going to solve all of our goal scoring issues :?

What happens when we spend considerably in January (wages and/or fees), and things don't improve, we get relegated or finish bottom half and Neilson leaves at the end of the season mid-contract? All that January spend wasted, Neilson needs paying off and we need to spend even more getting a new manager in, who will inevitably want money to spend too. The cheapest option is to change manager now, and give them the budget (however few pennies that is) in January.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:43 am 

Let’s face it.........despite everything that’s said, all the we should never be in this position bollocks, all the we are a Championship Club, all this, our aim is to get in the Premiership, yawn fucking yawn.
I’ll do all that’s needed to keep this club up bullshit.
We are going nowhere unless someone sticks their hand in their pocket.
Loans are going to get us nowhere, if we go up, they bugger off back to their Club, and then we have the Championship scenario, whereby all the ones instrumental in getting that promotion are gone, and we are left with the bit part players.
Laughable if it wasn’t so bloody gut wrenching, yeah I know, nobody forces me to go, but I do, so just keep sucking it up, and keep licking your PW lolly.
We don’t spend money.......and.there is no long line of experienced players beating down the door at SMK ready for January, and even if there were, do you actually STILL think we would dig deep and pay the price.......because if you still think yes, you have learnt bugger all in 13 years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:05 am 

Full time fan for 12 years, part-time fan for 1 year. Dreamer, realist and disillusionist in equal measures!
More sad than anything. Roll on the foreign investors.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 pm 

Yes they do have a transfer window pact.

“There is a pittance to spend on players, do you understand that Robbie?”

“Yes Pete, I do”

“Good, lets leave it at that”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:02 pm 

Yes, anyone we can get a fee for out and maybe a loan player or two in if we are lucky.