THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 97  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:07 pm 

The rumour was that it was Hull that were interested in Fraser, but apparently they are under a transfer embargo, and can’t pay any fee. So not them then?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/f ... er-5650088

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:17 pm 

epdon wrote:
The rumour was that it was Hull that were interested in Fraser, but apparently they are under a transfer embargo, and can’t pay any fee. So not them then?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/f ... er-5650088

That picture under the headline isn't Fraser, is it? :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:17 pm 

Russ said we should have another player in later this week. Haven’t seen any twitter rumours as to who it may be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:16 pm 
Not sure how reliable they are but the East Anglian Daily Times are reporting Ipswich are close to signing Fraser :cry:

That would be very disappointing if we let him go to a L1 rival. I don't mind him going to a Championship club but strengthening another team in this league isn't a good move.

I just hope that transfer fee is invested into new players, and decent ones that have some experience behind them not unknowns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:24 pm 
Definitely looking like Fraser is going Ipswich, their "in the know" guy on their forum seems to be backing it to happen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:30 pm 

Filthier wrote:
Definitely looking like Fraser is going Ipswich, their "in the know" guy on their forum seems to be backing it to happen

Yeah, I’ve been resigned to Fraser leaving since the end of the season, it just seemed inevitable, not particularly happy it’s another league 1 club, but if the money is right, then fair enough we can move on to other targets with hopefully a bit more cash to play with

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:54 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Filthier wrote:

Yeah, I’ve been resigned to Fraser leaving since the end of the season, it just seemed inevitable, not particularly happy it’s another league 1 club, but if the money is right, then fair enough we can move on to other targets with hopefully a bit more cash to play with

Very much this. I'm disappointed he is going because he was clearly a talented player who was important to us last season. In Twine we already have a natural replacement, a few years his junior and I can imagine somebody Ipswich wanted ahead of Fraser. After many years of letting talented players leave on a free, Gleeson and Aneke being the main examples, it is important to realise no player is too important and to cash in if the money is right then look to find the next player on the conveyor belt. We did it by signing Fraser to replace Gilbey, Darling to replace Keogh, Jules to replace Cargill and you know what, long may it continue.

I'm guessing it is all but done now, so I do wish him the best as he did little wrong in our shirt nor did he to run to the press to force a move. It would be nice to finish above Ipswich next season though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:09 pm 
I mean, at the end of the day all of these moves are fine if we make progress next season. At the moment it seems like lots of teams are stronger than last season already and Wigan who weren't even in the mix last season will be well up there. Fraser going to Ipswich strengthens them and they've just signed the oinkmaster general (Joe Pigott).

Looking at the squad now, minus Fraser, we're weaker than last season. Ofcourse we'll sign more players but these next few signings need to be good if we're to strengthen ourselves. We can't afford to lose any other big players this window (Kasumu, Darling, O'Riley in particular).

I'd really like us to make a statement signing on a permanent deal - Grigg, Eisa etc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Filthier wrote:

Very much this. I'm disappointed he is going because he was clearly a talented player who was important to us last season. In Twine we already have a natural replacement, a few years his junior and I can imagine somebody Ipswich wanted ahead of Fraser. After many years of letting talented players leave on a free, Gleeson and Aneke being the main examples, it is important to realise no player is too important and to cash in if the money is right then look to find the next player on the conveyor belt. We did it by signing Fraser to replace Gilbey, Darling to replace Keogh, Jules to replace Cargill and you know what, long may it continue.

I'm guessing it is all but done now, so I do wish him the best as he did little wrong in our shirt nor did he to run to the press to force a move. It would be nice to finish above Ipswich next season though.

This in spades.

As much as I am disappointed by the prospect of losing Fraser it does represent excellent business for the club and reinforces how well run we are currently. Getting a significant fee for a player signed on a free transfer just 12 months ago is how we keep the club moving forward on and off the pitch. Yes it sucks that he is going to a league 1 rival but that’s life. Burton where able to get on without him and I’m sure we will too. Twine matches his output very well statistically so we are off to a good start in that regard.

I do think Fraser is championship quality and I’m honestly surprised no championship teams are willing to take a punt on him. It is also shit that our fans never got to see him play in person. I think all parties deserved that opportunity but not much we can do about it.

Whenever Fraser pulled on a Dons shirt I always felt like he gave his all, even at the end of last season after the row (or whatever you call it) with Russ.as sick I’ll wish him well wherever he goes and keep and eye out for him. (I will confess I was hoping he would go to Barnsley and end up with the other former Dons doing so well for them).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:21 pm 

Filthier wrote:

He's gone. See OS.
Not v happy about it but WTF.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 97  Next