THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training Ground Bump
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:05 pm 

Isn't this just an upgrade of the SET's facilities?

I don't think there is a suggestion from that minute that this is the new plan. The site at Woughton is heavily used by the SET and is long due an upgrade in some areas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

I don't think there is a suggestion from that minute that this is the new plan. The site at Woughton is heavily used by the SET and is long due an upgrade in some areas.

I thought that at first but there’s only one building on the site currently isn’t there? That thing that sort of looks like a cross between a pagoda and a cricket pavilion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:19 pm 

Zen wrote:
The training ground situation is an embarrasment. I was told recently that the players get a text message the night before as to where they can train the following morning, but end up training in all sorts of places. That lack of a ‘ home ‘ and consistency does have an impact on the players.

I remember driving past the entrance to Fairfields and coming my way were the players in a convoy of cars - 5 were stuffed into O'Hora's small Corsa which was quite the site.

Unbelievable to think that we are still resorting to these measures, especially with us being here for near-on 20 years now we still haven't sorted this major necessity out. Should have always been training ground first then stadium which I think now PW acknowledges.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:50 pm 

If I remember rightly the original plans for the stadium area included a bit of a training facility but was very small and was eventually dropped. Pete’s acknowledged a few times that the lack of a dedicated training ground from early on was a mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm 

I give up with it. Unless there's genuine blockers or further red tape to navigate through with the Bowl, it just seems counter productive to invest further in Woughton. It's a broken record now. I don't care if it's not perfect, the whole debacle has gone on far too long now. The stories in this thread are quite frankly laughable and what you'd expect with a non league part time outfit.

We are showcasing a Ferrari on a Saturday afternoon, but driving around in a bashed up Cortina and begging for lifts for the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:45 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

I thought that at first but there’s only one building on the site currently isn’t there? That thing that sort of looks like a cross between a pagoda and a cricket pavilion.

Yep, but obviously the dome and the outdoor pitches fall into that description in the minutes. I think it's been poorly worded and the title should include SET.

It's been year's since that astro's been sorted there and I think the age groups train on that every night, including the kids just signing up to a football course.

Any other business should have included an update on the Bowl. In fact, the SB should be asking that to be a standing agenda item.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:35 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Yep, but obviously the dome and the outdoor pitches fall into that description in the minutes. I think it's been poorly worded and the title should include SET.

It's been year's since that astro's been sorted there and I think the age groups train on that every night, including the kids just signing up to a football course.

Any other business should have included an update on the Bowl. In fact, the SB should be asking that to be a standing agenda item.

They wont ask as they dont want to upset anyone.

The fact of the matter is - the money invested into WOG should be on the Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:17 pm 

Sorry if this is old news / common knowledge - but I was always under the impression that Winkie spent part of the Dele money on prospective pockets of land in and around MK. Have these now been sold on (presumably for a profit)? I thought one was now the huge new build estate on the left as you drive in on the A421 - Eagle Farm or something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Sorry if this is old news / common knowledge - but I was always under the impression that Winkie spent part of the Dele money on prospective pockets of land in and around MK. Have these now been sold on (presumably for a profit)? I thought one was now the huge new build estate on the left as you drive in on the A421 - Eagle Farm or something?

The only land, aside from the Bowl, that I'd heard was definitely purchased was the land on the banks of the Ouse, between Old Stratford and Cosgrove (aka that soaking wet bit of floodplain).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:58 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

The only land, aside from the Bowl, that I'd heard was definitely purchased was the land on the banks of the Ouse, between Old Stratford and Cosgrove (aka that soaking wet bit of floodplain).

Yes this. Not seen any update on what they have done with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next