THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Training Ground Bump
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:09 pm 

So listening to RM's interview earlier, it sounds like Kasumu's setback was due to the conditions at Woughton.

Its made me wonder how far off we are to getting a few pitches in situ at the Bowl? COVID I imagine will dictate things, but for a while now its proving to be the real bottleneck for the club going forward.

Thought id revive the training ground discussion, given the previous thread has gone.

Post subject: Re: Training Ground Bump
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm 

Slipped on some dog sh*t I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm 

Ok so riddle me this if the training ground is such an issue why do out of contract, unpaid professionals who have been at Championship and Premier League clubs chose to train with us to maintain fitness and then join us? So far we have Gladwin, O'Riley and McEachran :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Ok so riddle me this if the training ground is such an issue why do out of contract, unpaid professionals who have been at Championship and Premier League clubs chose to train with us to maintain fitness and then join us? So far we have Gladwin, O'Riley and McEachran :shock:

I have it on very good authority that they show them the stadium and go "Imagine what the pitch and training facilities are like!!".
The poor s*d is so excited and enthused he doesn't bother to check either out.
They then get him to sign there and then in the car park but that doesn't get disclosed until much later.
They are also warned that if they 'blab' they will have to clean up the toilets after the next afc visit.
:ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:25 am 

PW believes we could have the first team training on there as early as next season. Fantastic news.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2021/april/ ... xt-season/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 am 

Pleased he's also read the room and commented on music as well.

No doubt they will still blame him for promoter's following the stadium trend, but at least it makes clear that if the option is on the table to hold concerts they will.

Saw one local Luton fan claiming he destroyed the Point last week. Ignoring the mega dome cinema built 500 yards away 14/15 years earlier. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 am 

Training ground injuries always happen and Woughton has always been used as an excuse. If Woughton was that bad, we'd have a lot more injuries than other clubs, which we don't. Also, we have such a long history of signing injury prone players. Why would those players come here with that record if the training ground was that bad?

No doubt we need a proper training ground but managers absolutely love to use Woughton as an excuse for injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 am 

Towcestrian wrote:

No doubt they will still blame him for promoter's following the stadium trend, but at least it makes clear that if the option is on the table to hold concerts they will.

Saw one local Luton fan claiming he destroyed the Point last week. Ignoring the mega dome cinema built 500 yards away 14/15 years earlier. :roll:

Every day I thank The Lord I don't live in Luton.
I had to go over there just before Christmas and, well lets just say that during the years since I had last been there it had not improved.
Mordor is The Costa Del Sol compared to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:10 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Training ground injuries always happen and Woughton has always been used as an excuse. If Woughton was that bad, we'd have a lot more injuries than other clubs, which we don't. Also, we have such a long history of signing injury prone players. Why would those players come here with that record if the training ground was that bad?

No doubt we need a proper training ground but managers absolutely love to use Woughton as an excuse for injuries.

I reckon you have a point there. Probably more to do with the training methods.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Every day I thank The Lord I don't live in Luton.
I had to go over there just before Christmas and, well lets just say that during the years since I had last been there it had not improved.
Mordor is The Costa Del Sol compared to it.

Was an MK based Luton fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next