THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training Ground Bump
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:09 am 

The current delay will be due to having to agree a price for the freehold to The Bowl with Milton Keynes City Council - no building works can start before then.

Unless he successfully renegotiates with Milton Keynes Council he has to complete Phase 1 of the training ground by 10 December 2025.

https://mkcouncil.sharepoint.com/sites/ ... =true&ga=1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:55 pm 

Copying this here from BuckDon's report back from the Fans Forum on another thread:

BuckDon wrote:
- Training Ground has been delayed for now due to relegation. Can't help but feel we are continuously hamstrung by this constant delay. It can't be good for the players and the dog shit wonders of Woughton are hardly a USP for attracting both new players and parents of youth prospects. This probably pissed me off the most out of everything as I genuinely thought he was finally going to get it done.

This is a really, really bad decision by the club, just as we looked like we were making progress with the Bowl. Who knows how long we might be in L2 and I really believe that not having a training pitch, let alone a training complex, is holding us back. If you were a club looking to loan out your promising young winger, would you want them training in a shit-ridden public park? If PW could put up a Starbucks next to it or charge for parking, we'd have a training ground by now.

We should be going all out to sort it this season, ready for the winter. But they'll be training on shit or astros again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:07 pm 
Out of all the income received from transfers, and given how much of a benefit a proper training ground or even proper pitches would be, I don't understand how this hasn't been prioritised. It's become a farce.

I can't underestimate how much Pete and the club piss me off with the decisions they make and the way this club is run at times - whether that's the training ground, player recruitment or all the bits and pieces in and around the stadium.

Even Pete's attitude, snapping back at fans lately has annoyed me. The sooner he's gone the better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:43 pm 

Has anyone actually been to Woughton recently? They’ve done a lot of pitch work there and it was certainly looking very good a few weeks back. It may not stay that way all season, but it’s hardly as it’s being made out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:48 pm 

nickgt6 wrote:
Has anyone actually been to Woughton recently? They’ve done a lot of pitch work there and it was certainly looking very good a few weeks back. It may not stay that way all season, but it’s hardly as it’s being made out.

Stop it with your facts. They diverge from the popular narrative. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:06 am 

keyser soze wrote:
nickgt6 wrote:

Stop it with your facts. They diverge from the popular narrative. :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:06 am 
nickgt6 wrote:

I don't know if the posts mentioning dog shit were true or not, but if it's real then it doesn't matter how nice they make the place look if our feline friends are cacking over the 6 yard box.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:09 am 

Filth wrote:
nickgt6 wrote:

I don't know if the posts mentioning dog shit were true or not, but if it's real then it doesn't matter how nice they make the place look if our feline friends are cacking over the 6 yard box.

The cat's out of the bag.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:15 am 

nickgt6 wrote:

I havent, I have never been in fact (not from MK). But my understanding from here is that its a public park / field. Is that right? If so, the image I have in my head is more Sunday league than League Two. Surely there can't be any other professional teams training that way, or having to move to astros all winter? Do they get changed in their cars?

But happy to be wrong if it is actually a nice facility.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:56 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
nickgt6 wrote:

I havent, I have never been in fact (not from MK). But my understanding from here is that its a public park / field. Is that right? If so, the image I have in my head is more Sunday league than League Two. Surely there can't be any other professional teams training that way, or having to move to astros all winter? Do they get changed in their cars?

But happy to be wrong if it is actually a nice facility.

It’s a good standard public field. The pitches are good and the goals and equipment are good. It’s by no means a bad facility. There are changing rooms in the pavilion.

Some - but not all - League Two teams are training on public parks or non-dedicated facilities. Crawley train at a university, for example.

We need the training ground so the office and grass parts of the training “suite” are located together. The manager for example doesn’t have his proper office at Woughton; it’s at SMK. The briefing room is at SMK. That’s not that useful if you all then have to take a bus for 15 minutes to then go and train. And of course the facility at Woughton isn’t closed off. I can walk right past the training pitches.

A club of our size really ought to have at least a modest training ground and the farce it has become is just symbolic of so many things, not all to do with the club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next