It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: OTD latest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:42 pm 

https://onthedot2016blog.wordpress.com/ ... grity/amp/

Very good

Post subject: Re: OTD latest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm 
Perfectly sums up my thoughts towards everything at the moment.

He makes a very good point about the lack of clarity and communication between the club and fans. If PW/the board and the rest of the staff/players are claiming they're completely unaware of fan sentiment at the moment, then they must be deaf and blind as well as naive.

Maybe everything is just rosy behind the scenes, but that isn't the feeling amongst fans who feel isolated and disconnected. I know the club wouldn't normally comment on speculation, but it's getting to the point now where Winkie needs to come out in front of a camera and set the record straight on a few things and give a bit of a rallying cry.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm 

I’m not trying To Neilson bash here but I seriously think he doesn’t understand or is baffled this stuff matters so much to fans.

Like imagine if Real Madrid came out and just announced Casillas was leaving on loan in a local radio interview after a Copa Del Rey tie? His treatment was awful too btw. But you get my point.

Or if Shearer was given the same? Uproar.

I just don’t understand how he can justify being so quiet about it for so long (And to be fair to him he wasn’t asked but we’ve complained at local journalists not being man enough to press the questions we all want to hear so they’re as bad here) and then just drop in the “players come and go” type “this is football” laid back response on Saturday. This fucking matters and hurts some people.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm 

Help we need things to change

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 pm 

PW needs to get a grip of this club, it’s drifting like a lilo in the Atlantic, Do something to get this club back on track and do it pretty fucking quick....

All this shit isn’t just down to Neilson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 pm 

100% agree
And I thought I was the only one with these sentiments
Pete really needs to sort this out as I am sure there is a lot more disillusioned season ticket holders out there
It's no longer the club I came to watch and love
#lewiewewantyoutostay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm 
Scribble wrote:
PW needs to get a grip of this club, it’s drifting like a lilo in the Atlantic, Do something to get this club back on track and do it pretty fucking quick....

I guess one important point to make is, supporters don't really know what "all this shit" even is - but that's a point to make in itself.

We know results have been poor, we know the football is shit and the 'soul' of the club has gone. But we have no clue what goes on behind closed doors, all we get is rumour and abrupt press releases with no explanation when the signs are that its more than that. Then we get all of these other rumours - which are exactly that, but supporters will believe anything right now.

There is a fine line to be tread regarding how transparent the club are and what goes on behind the scenes. But right now, the club, Winkie, and Neilson himself are being way too guarded and treating paying supporters like mugs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:33 pm 
This might be a bit extreme but what about expressing these concerns in a joint letter addressed to Andy Cullen/PW with (hopefully) a couple of hundred supporter's signatures to it?

Andy Cullen is usually quite prompt and keen to respond personally to things like that (I wrote to him about the club's lack of acknowledgement of our fundraising).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:35 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Scribble wrote:

I guess one important point to make is, supporters don't really know what "all this shit" even is - but that's a point to make in itself.

We know results have been poor, we know the football is shit and the 'soul' of the club has gone. But we have no clue what goes on behind closed doors, all we get is rumour and abrupt press releases with no explanation when the signs are that its more than that. Then we get all of these other rumours - which are exactly that, but supporters will believe anything right now.

There is a fine line to be tread regarding how transparent the club are and what goes on behind the scenes. But right now, the club, Winkie, and Neilson himself are being way too guarded and treating paying supporters like mugs.

Something is clearly not right and being kept in the dark isn’t helping anybody, whatever the issues are, need addressing, like today, if PW has a decision to make, then do it.

I’ve got bad vibes about what is/isn’t going on

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 pm 

You won't be surprised to find out that I disagree with a lot of it and find some of it baffling.

OTD acknowledges that some will disagree with him (or her), but says "you may despise my comments". Why would anyone despise him for holding an opinion and further states, "But I will not accept fans being disrespectful to someone who has done more for this club than any other person I know other than Pete Winkelman". Who is being disrespectful? Is this a few idiot boo boys who gave him abuse or is it people like myself who believe there are two sides to a story?

There is, like here, oblique references to multiple sources behind the scenes and that, "Pete W has to broker him training sessions with a rival club", which if true, must be unprecedented and someone at the club should clarify the situation.

I acknowledge Dean's contribution but being in the team must be on merit and in football the manager decides who it should be. There should be no special consideration or favours for long service. I wonder where he will end up. Robbo has stated that he isn't going to play for Charlton and I wonder if another League 1 club will want him? Northampton perhaps?

Finally I would like to agree with OTD that we will miss him.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.