THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sorenson
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 pm 

What a bonkers game that was but its made me question why we still have Sorenson? If Surman hadn’t have scored, it would have been up there as one of the worst performances in a Dons shirt.

If Sorenson can’t even get a game with Surman playing like that, then we might as well just send him back.

Edit: Looking back, I’ve probably been a bit too harsh and it wasn’t up there as one of the worst performances but still, he should have come off.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sorenson
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:05 pm 
LouisMKD wrote:
What a bonkers game that was but its made me question why we still have Sorenson? If Surman hadn’t have scored, it would have been up there as one of the worst performances in a Dons shirt.

If Sorenson can’t even get a game with Surman playing like that, then we might as well just send him back.

Agree.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:08 pm 

I can't see him getting many games now that Big Dave and Houghton are back.

Feel sorry for him. A long way from home during a pandemic and without having done a great deal wrong, finds himself right out of the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 pm 

I thought your comment about Surman in another thread was slightly unfair, whilst Surman had an absolute nightmare I do not believe Russ's 'chummy' relationship would remotely impact his decision making. His distribution was shocking and lost possession multiple times, but my guess and I may be wrong, is that his communication and presence may be calming for a lot of young players around him. I am fairly sure that was also the argument made for why Keogh was so important despite his many direct contributions to goals that we conceded. Would Sorensen in a ridiculous end to end game filled with mistakes have made the defence or attacking midfielders more confident? I am not 100% convinced. And that is not a criticism of Sorensen who had a good run of form around Christmas, but it could explain the decision making.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:30 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I thought your comment about Surman in another thread was slightly unfair, whilst Surman had an absolute nightmare I do not believe Russ's 'chummy' relationship would remotely impact his decision making. His distribution was shocking and lost possession multiple times, but my guess and I may be wrong, is that his communication and presence may be calming for a lot of young players around him. I am fairly sure that was also the argument made for why Keogh was so important despite his many direct contributions to goals that we conceded. Would Sorensen in a ridiculous end to end game filled with mistakes have made the defence or attacking midfielders more confident? I am not 100% convinced. And that is not a criticism of Sorensen who had a good run of form around Christmas, but it could explain the decision making.

I'm sure you're right but, Surman had a real stinker and deserved to be subbed. He'll be back and be good again (he was epic against Hull). Bloody good goal though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:41 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

I'm sure you're right but, Surman had a real stinker and deserved to be subbed. He'll be back and be good again (he was epic against Hull). Bloody good goal though.

I thought he was absolutely shit too and definitely deserved to be substituted, which is incredible to say for somebody so talented and after scoring goal of the season. But Sorensen hasn't been used much recently so that much have been the reason, if Houghton or Kasumu were on the bench it may have been different though

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:08 pm 

Hang on, I see what ya mean but it's Tues/Sat for next 4 weeks and injuries/yellow cards (welcome back Dave) will take their toll; we'll need to rotate.
Lassie will come home ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:15 pm 

I think RM has decided who is "Core" is for now and till the end of the season and the players he wants to rely on.

I dont think he see's Sorenson as being part of the core, bar further injuries. I actually like Sorenson and he has impressed me in parts this season, but he will be looking at the likes of Surman, who has done it all, and potentially even Houghton, who has a promotion to his name and has over 100 appearances now. Kasumu obviously gets back in as well. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him not even make the bench in the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:27 pm 

Too hit and miss for me. In some games this season he's been well off the pace. (Crewe and Plymouth)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 pm 

Surman comment is unfair but whatever.

Problem with Sorensen (and I'm a big fan) is that he's under 20, expected to do a job now and not given time to be inconsistent and improve. Whereas one of our own would - at the same age.

He's still young. He'll get there. With us, probably not. But he's a very good player, we just got him at the early stages and not a year or two later when he's gonna get better.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit