THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The final third
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 am 

It was my first league game last night and boy that a doozy I chose. First of all I know this has been touched on but we are not in anyway shape or form "too defensive" that defence mindedness kept the score down and Nichols distribution is correct as one or two times we played it quick and still lost the ball.

However, my question is are we really that bad up top? No threat whatsoever to their goal yesterday and I just wondered is that systematic of how we play? All I know is we have scored less than a goal a game and the front two have got two goals between them. Sow and Segar whilst were running like madmen did nothing once they got it. Ohh and nesbitt why didn't you shoot? Mind you distribution wasn't really there either tbh

I just wondered what the regulars think as I believe now is the time we start to judge what we have in our locker. I f yesterday is to go by its going to be a loooonnngggg season up front!

Post subject: Re: The final third
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 am 

Last night was a good reflection of our start to the season - literally nothing to get you off your seat.

At least we've stopped conceding goals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 am 

It feels like we have strikers that are too short/weak and can only score when given an absolute sitter or with a bit of luck.... and our midfield don't seem to be creative enough or accurate enough to deliver those. When we get goals it is either through a bit of luck or someone like Aryibi being creative and making something happen. Seager, Sow and Agard just seem to be overpowered every time they meet a defender, and Seager's height is a challenge. Revell looked to have more pace, height and power than our strikers and I think we were lucky to get a point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:53 am 

I thought Sow was good against AFC but other than that, I've not been impressed at all. In fact, hes been a liability. Trying stupid little flicks that don't even come close to working and his shooting has been diabolical. He also comes across as quite lazy. Muirhead came on and immediately showed more enthusiasm.

He was once sold for £1.5m, so I expected far more from him.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:59 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
I thought Sow was good against AFC but other than that, I've not been impressed at all. In fact, hes been a liability. Trying stupid little flicks that don't even come close to working and his shooting has been diabolical. He also comes across as quick lazy. Muirhead came on and immediately showed more enthusiasm.

He was once sold for £1.5m, so I expected for more from him.

I have to agree with this. On last night's showing, Sow would have got 4/10. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:23 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
I thought Sow was good against AFC but other than that, I've not been impressed at all. In fact, hes been a liability. Trying stupid little flicks that don't even come close to working and his shooting has been diabolical. He also comes across as quite lazy. Muirhead came on and immediately showed more enthusiasm.

He was good against Rochdale too.
I couldn't understand as to why he was playing mostly wide right, leaving Seager to play as the CF????

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 pm 

BracknellDons wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

He was good against Rochdale too.
I couldn't understand as to why he was playing mostly wide right, leaving Seager to play as the CF????

So why is he playing in a position he isn't happy in when we have our top scorer from last season getting metaphorical splinters up his arse sitting on the bench who can play on the wing?

I have a horrible feeling this time next season Agard will be gone and that is a shame as unless he has attitude in training I cant see what he has done wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Revell looked to have more pace, height and power than our strikers and I think we were lucky to get a point.

Revell is all show and no go, how can anyone be impressed by his pointless shuttle runs between centre backs and full backs? As we found out when he was here he looks like he is trying, he looks effective in the air but what he isn't is effective at scoring goals. It says much about a striker that his best moment for this club was in goal!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Silverous wrote:
Revell looked to have more pace, height and power than our strikers and I think we were lucky to get a point.

Revell is all show and no go, how can anyone be impressed by his pointless shuttle runs between centre backs and full backs? As we found out when he was here he looks like he is trying, he looks effective in the air but what he isn't is effective at scoring goals. It says much about a striker that his best moment for this club was in goal!

While we are at it what the hell is Powell's hair cut? He looks like a LA Death Row inmate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Silverous wrote:

While we are at it what the hell is Powell's hair cut? He looks like a LA Death Row inmate.

Plays for Northampton may as well be on death row.