THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: More unrest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 am 

Have it from a very reliable source that there has been some unrest between Callum Brittain and the club. Can’t go into specific details but it involved him being called up to be in the England squad recently, the Dons wouldn’t give him permission to go but he went anyway. Not then in Dons squad. Just to remind everyone he hasn’t signed a new contract yet!

Post subject: Re: More unrest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:44 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Have it from a very reliable source that there has been some unrest between Callum Brittain and the club. Can’t go into specific details but it involved him being called up to be in the England squad recently, the Dons wouldn’t give him permission to go but he went anyway. Not then in Dons squad. Just to remind everyone he hasn’t signed a new contract yet!

FIRE...FIRE....FIRE.....FIRE.....FIRE..... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am 

WellDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

FIRE...FIRE....FIRE.....FIRE.....FIRE..... :lol:

The difference is that there are some evidence given, rather than Callum Brittain and Robbie have fallen out, I know why but I can't tell you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:52 am 
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Is the very reliable source Callum Brittain?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

I honestly can’t say filthy, i’v Probably said more than I should’ve already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:10 pm 

We've never stood in a players way before, especially for international games so this one is hard to believe, but I'm not dismissing you. If it is true, then what the hell are we playing at?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:10 pm 
Kempstondons6 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

I honestly can’t say filthy, i’v Probably said more than I should’ve already.

It was just my poor attempt at humour mate, don't worry.

Think with the various rumours going round it would be nice to here something a bit more official about a few things, but we're unlikely to get that. The best we'll get it PW probably running his mouth to a few fans after we lose to Shrewsbury.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:17 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
We've never stood in a players way before, especially for international games so this one is hard to believe, but I'm not dismissing you. If it is true, then what the hell are we playing at?

They were my thoughts when I was told.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Isn't it against FIFA rules to refuse to release a player to an international team?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:32 pm 
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Isn't it against FIFA rules to refuse to release a player to an international team?

Don't think so (although not 100%). Borussia Dortmund only allowed Jadon Sancho to play for England U17s in the U17 World Cup on the basis that he wouldn't play in the quarter finals and beyond if England reached them:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-11274512