THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 pm 

So three wins and a draw from our last 5 games and pushing towards the playoffs rather than the bottom 4, are people happier yet with the way things are going or is Robbie still on a short term deadline to perform or get the sack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 pm 

10 points from a possible 15 is certainly better. And the team seems to be more cohesive than earlier in the season . But it’s too early to get carried away. I still feel that there’s work to do in terms of our creative play. However I also think once our injured players are back this will improve naturally. October is going to be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm 

I've had faith in robbie all along but it's pleasing to see morale is up and confidence seems to be growing and im seeing progress.

For me I want to see the next 3 games. Without checking I think we have northampton, bury then bradford. For me, we need to get another result against "rivals" northampton, that'll be a test and then im looking at saturday and thinking bury is a sign of our growth as that is a game we may in years gone come unstuck in. Especially after 2 big rivalry games that demand getting up for, can we keep our foot on the gas vs a struggling bury? Will the same desire and focus be there? Then we go to bradford who really are the form team in the league and a real measuring stick for whether we are at that top level in this league.

Interesting times. For me, I want 7 points from these next 3. Staying unbeaten would be huge but a big ask. Coyds. Im happy :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:56 pm 

Player wise, I've been critical of Tshibola lately, but thought he was very good against AFC.

Things are looking better, but there were still times against AFC where we looked a little vulnerable, although to be expected in a derby. The squad seems to be gelling nicely and with Aneke close to a return, its exciting times.

The next 2 games are games we should be winning, so lets see what happens then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 pm 

It looks like the team have started to click, much improved from a few weeks ago, still more to do i think but the signs are good

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:34 pm 

Improved but still not overly convinced. Not moaning as I am extremely pleased with how we got a result from last Saturdays game against Rochdale. And the win against those lot. But I'm not convinced totally yet. 2 games don't change much because I'd not have been surprised one bit if we had blown that 2 goal advantage. I'd rather we had killed that game off when we had the chance.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 pm 
Alby wrote:
Improved but still not overly convinced. Not moaning as I am extremely pleased with how we got a result from last Saturdays game against Rochdale. And the win against those lot. But I'm not convinced totally yet. 2 games don't change much because I'd not have been surprised one bit if we had blown that 2 goal advantage. I'd rather we had killed that game off when we had the chance.

Agree. I’d like to see some consistent, dominant performances for a change. Our defence has saved our skin on several occasions and looks solid enough, just want more threat from us and not just constant long balls.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
I've had faith in robbie all along but it's pleasing to see morale is up and confidence seems to be growing and im seeing progress.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm 

Yes - definitely getting happier

Credit where it's due, we needed an improvement and in the last two games and had that. It isn't perfection yet but its big steps in the right direction

Very much looking forward to seeing how we do against the Wobblers

:D

Last edited by Oldfarmdons on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:27 am 

As I've said before, I will wait for ten games before making a judgement. But after nine it ain't looking bad at all. Beginning to become optimistic.