THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:33 am 

Alby wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:
Batshuayi, Kenedy, Musonda are three players who’d walk into our first team. A strike force like that as well as very good young defenders like Jake Clarke-Salter, Ethan Ampadu and Dujon Stirling against our attack of what, Muirhead who hasn’t played at all in ages, Nesbitt who for all his talent is still a young lad with minimal first team experiences at any level and played 90 on Saturday, and Seagar who is struggling to net goals...

Perspective here lads. A lot of the Chelsea players in that team would walk into ours at the current state.
Against our first choice back 4. I think people are giving Chelsea way too much credit here. Yes, Batshuayi is quality there is no denying, and Kenedy has had a few first team appearances. But the rest of them should, at best, be on the same level as the majority of our team. Apart from Muirhead, BTA, McGrandles and Sietsma, all of the others were either first choice or in contention.

The likes of JCS, Ampadu and Stirling as far as I know have never played in the Prem or EFL, nor have most of the rest of their team.

As I said earlier, it's not necessarily losing to them, it's just the lack of fight, the lack of chances created, how fragile our defence has looked (all season) and generally looking poor.

I'm not too bothered to be honest. All that matters is the league really. All eyes on Saturday.
Couldn’t disagree more. Ampadu is in the Wales squad. Stirling is very talented and JCS had a loan spell last year with Bristol Rovers where he impressed and was linked with a Championship loan this past summer. All good players.

The rest are still quality young players. Just because you haven’t heard of them doesn’t make them not so. They had youngsters from one of, if not the best youth academy in Europe. We are a poor side in the bottom end of a League two leagues below this Premier League title winning sides academy.

I think we are picking issues for just because now.

Chelsea put out mostly unknowns who hadn’t played for the first team, exactly like Lewis Baker and Patrick Bamford when they were farmed out to us. They were shit too.