THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Muirhead was very good at crunching challenges, highlight of the match. I like the small crowds you get to hear the players and the manager of course.

....and PW in the Directors box, who was very vocal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm 

I am happy rather enjoyed watching a team full of young talent totally dominating for 90 minutes

Pete was not happy though, I fact I don’t think I have ever seen him so stressed as he has the past few weeks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Dunstressin wrote:
After this display.

Sphere wrote:
Strike 2 8-)

Dunstressin wrote:
What's strike 2?...

Sphere wrote:
The one before strike 3 8-)

Dunstressin wrote:
Still lost.

We have a full count.

And here's the payoff pitch... :D
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Pay the troll toll

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Alby wrote:
Batshuayi, Kenedy, Musonda are three players who’d walk into our first team. A strike force like that as well as very good young defenders like Jake Clarke-Salter, Ethan Ampadu and Dujon Stirling against our attack of what, Muirhead who hasn’t played at all in ages, Nesbitt who for all his talent is still a young lad with minimal first team experiences at any level and played 90 on Saturday, and Seagar who is struggling to net goals...

Perspective here lads. A lot of the Chelsea players in that team would walk into ours at the current state.

Against our first choice back 4. I think people are giving Chelsea way too much credit here. Yes, Batshuayi is quality there is no denying, and Kenedy has had a few first team appearances. But the rest of them should, at best, be on the same level as the majority of our team. Apart from Muirhead, BTA, McGrandles and Sietsma, all of the others were either first choice or in contention.

The likes of JCS, Ampadu and Stirling as far as I know have never played in the Prem or EFL, nor have most of the rest of their team.

As I said earlier, it's not necessarily losing to them, it's just the lack of fight, the lack of chances created, how fragile our defence has looked (all season) and generally looking poor.

I'm not too bothered to be honest. All that matters is the league really. All eyes on Saturday.

Couldn’t disagree more. Ampadu is in the Wales squad. Stirling is very talented and JCS had a loan spell last year with Bristol Rovers where he impressed and was linked with a Championship loan this past summer. All good players.

The rest are still quality young players. Just because you haven’t heard of them doesn’t make them not so. They had youngsters from one of, if not the best youth academy in Europe. We are a poor side in the bottom end of a League two leagues below this Premier League title winning sides academy.

I think we are picking issues for just because now.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 am 

We can bleat all we like about the strength of the Chelsea line up but the harsh reality is that without their (and other under 21’s) presence this season we’d be £60,000 worse off.

Something needs to be done as the intention was never to given expensive foreign imports and first team subs match time, but that’s where we find ourselves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am 

Even Luton would have struggled against that side.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 am 

Something needs to be done as the intention was never to given expensive foreign imports and first team subs match time, but that’s where we find ourselves.[/quote]

This

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:54 am 

Our performance against their first team a few years back was no worse than this. They had a few decent players on display yesterday, but we should still have put up a much better fight than we did.

I don't care about this competition and I don't really care that we lost but its another game thats gone by where we have been absolutely dire and adds to an ever increasing sign that panic stations are looming.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Although Chelsea were playing a single first team player (Batshuayi) and an experienced keeper, the other 9 players were inexperienced fringe/youth players, most of whom have never played in the EFL or the Prem.

I'm not surprised we lost, but 0-4 is embarassing against that opposition at home. Neilson selected a strong team tonight, probably as a reaction to recent bullshit. Although this competition is a joke, it was a joke we could have won. An academy side simply shouldn't be beating an EFL side 0-4 away from home.

A couple of decent performances (Williams, Nesbitt and Muirhead played pretty well IMO), but overall still lacklustre. We never threatened them. We looked like the academy side.

This was the same Chelsea side (apart from Batshuayi) that drew with Yeovil and Peterborough away.

Not surprised at losing, just surprised at the scoreline and the lack of fight from us.

Yes but I have it on good authority that they've all been training at Charlton. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Chelsea U-23 line up for tonight's Checkatrade game: No Batshuayi, Eduardo or Kenedy. A much younger line up - i.e. under 23.
Where was this line up in the last round, the bastards!

We played Sow in our under 23 game today so what's good for the goose and all that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next