THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 pm 

Don't care whether the competition is a joke or not, we were absolute shite. No matter who you're up against you should be able to put up a bit of a fight and be able to pass the ball 5 yards. Saturday will be fun :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 pm 

Batshuayi, Kenedy, Musonda are three players who’d walk into our first team. A strike force like that as well as very good young defenders like Jake Clarke-Salter, Ethan Ampadu and Dujon Stirling against our attack of what, Muirhead who hasn’t played at all in ages, Nesbitt who for all his talent is still a young lad with minimal first team experiences at any level and played 90 on Saturday, and Seagar who is struggling to net goals...

Perspective here lads. A lot of the Chelsea players in that team would walk into ours at the current state.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm 
Alby wrote:
Batshuayi, Kenedy, Musonda are three players who’d walk into our first team. A strike force like that as well as very good young defenders like Jake Clarke-Salter, Ethan Ampadu and Dujon Stirling against our attack of what, Muirhead who hasn’t played at all in ages, Nesbitt who for all his talent is still a young lad with minimal first team experiences at any level and played 90 on Saturday, and Seagar who is struggling to net goals...

Perspective here lads. A lot of the Chelsea players in that team would walk into ours at the current state.

Against our first choice back 4. I think people are giving Chelsea way too much credit here. Yes, Batshuayi is quality there is no denying, and Kenedy has had a few first team appearances. But the rest of them should, at best, be on the same level as the majority of our team. Apart from Muirhead, BTA, McGrandles and Sietsma, all of the others were either first choice or in contention.

The likes of JCS, Ampadu and Stirling as far as I know have never played in the Prem or EFL, nor have most of the rest of their team.

As I said earlier, it's not necessarily losing to them, it's just the lack of fight, the lack of chances created, how fragile our defence has looked (all season) and generally looking poor.

I'm not too bothered to be honest. All that matters is the league really. All eyes on Saturday.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm 

Pay the troll toll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm 

No way would we have lost if Lewie was playing....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm 

Alby wrote:

Totally agree, especially the play for their 2nd goal showed their quality.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm 

Bad result.

Also, Ethan Ampadu is the kid from Exeter they recently bought. He's involved in the Wales senior squad already at what 16 or 17?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 pm 

Just got back from the match, biggest disappointment of the night is Nesbitt going off injured, that Chelsea team tonight is worth multi millions of pounds, no disgrace losing to them.

Very talented bunch and would put a Dons shirt on any of them given the chance.

Other notes, Muirhead is pants and Sietsma needs to mend that hole in his hands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Although Chelsea were playing a single first team player (Batshuayi) and an experienced keeper, the other 9 players were inexperienced fringe/youth players, most of whom have never played in the EFL or the Prem.

I'm not surprised we lost, but 0-4 is embarassing against that opposition at home. Neilson selected a strong team tonight, probably as a reaction to recent bullshit. Although this competition is a joke, it was a joke we could have won. An academy side simply shouldn't be beating an EFL side 0-4 away from home.

A couple of decent performances (Williams, Nesbitt and Muirhead played pretty well IMO), but overall still lacklustre. We never threatened them. We looked like the academy side.

This was the same Chelsea side (apart from Batshuayi) that drew with Yeovil and Peterborough away.

Not surprised at losing, just surprised at the scoreline and the lack of fight from us.

A Chelsea supporter who I was sat with, said that 4 or 5 of their players were regularly on the bench for their first team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 pm 

Muirhead was very good at crunching challenges, highlight of the match. I like the small crowds you get to hear the players and the manager of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next