THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm 
Allypally wrote:
Absolutely , there is something morally repugnant about two blogs being produced within an hour with the help of someone on the inside payroll briefing against the manager .

In case of any confusion, I’m on nodding terms with a number of people who work for the club and I’m likely to shake hands if I see a few more, but that’s it - it’s have no ‘source’ and nobody from the club spoke to me about anything.

Hope that clarifies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:36 pm 
Russybcool wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
@HighamDon

That's your point of view, I can assure you there is an ever increasing number of supporters who have the opposite viewpoint. Declining attendances speak volumes.

Regarding your dislike of the letter asking for Neilson's contract termination, a few others have expressed the same opinion and I have altered the letter to be less threatening/demanding in tone.

I won't be changing the mention of the word 'supporters'. As of now there are 15 signatures on the petition - all of whom are supporters, so it fairly reflects those that back the content.

I fully understand there are those that have completely different opinions, and that is fine, I'm not going to attack them they are entitled to their opinion. But so am I and anyone else who agrees with the content of the letter. There are quite a few long standing supporters who have been around the club since day 1 expressing the same concerns.

Declining attendances are partly down to the fact that 220,000 odd people live in MK and only probably a quarter of them are MK fans. Most support other clubs (Man U for example, we went 4-0 up and the plastic mancs did one so quickly). If the footie isn't good then this will put others off.

I just don't see what this will achieve. I don't think when they get this letter they are going to go shit lets sack Robbie cause ohhh 100 fans are annoyed at the way I run the football club.

He is not stupid (he may look it, but he isn't). He knows how bad things are. He and Cullen doesn't bury their heads in the sand they know more that you know. He just isn't as trigger happy and correct me if I am wrong isn't that what most of the "support" like about Winky?

I think most people like PW because he's a genuinely nice guy who seems to genuinely love the club.

I'm not expecting wholesale changes the second they receive the letter. But I and a few others have given up hope of the club sorting this shit out, so there is nothing really to lose by expressing frustration this way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm 
I should also probably add, I’m not a fan of the petition idea, but I’ve got a platform to say my bit, so perhaps that’s why

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm 

HighamDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
@HighamDon

That's your point of view, I can assure you there is an ever increasing number of supporters who have the opposite viewpoint. Declining attendances speak volumes.

Regarding your dislike of the letter asking for Neilson's contract termination, a few others have expressed the same opinion and I have altered the letter to be less threatening/demanding in tone.

I won't be changing the mention of the word 'supporters'. As of now there are 15 signatures on the petition - all of whom are supporters, so it fairly reflects those that back the content.

I fully understand there are those that have completely different opinions, and that is fine, I'm not going to attack them they are entitled to their opinion. But so am I and anyone else who agrees with the content of the letter. There are quite a few long standing supporters who have been around the club since day 1 expressing the same concerns.

Like I said, I am not here to fall out with anyone, I am just expressing my frustration and opinion as is everyone else i guess. We all have the same thing in common, we love this club.

I appreciate that you have changed the wording around Robbie Neilson's contact termination.

I am sure you will get more signatures but disagree that 15 signatures fairly reflects the opinion of all "Supporters" which is the word you are using.

Anyway I guess I am free to write my own letter distancing myself from your letter.

You should post more often.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm 

WellDon wrote:
HighamDon wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
@HighamDon

Like I said, I am not here to fall out with anyone, I am just expressing my frustration and opinion as is everyone else i guess. We all have the same thing in common, we love this club.

I appreciate that you have changed the wording around Robbie Neilson's contact termination.

I am sure you will get more signatures but disagree that 15 signatures fairly reflects the opinion of all "Supporters" which is the word you are using.

Anyway I guess I am free to write my own letter distancing myself from your letter.

You should post more often.

is this sarcasm? its hard to tell on a forum :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
My main issue with all this petition stuff is that one group of fans are trying to force their opinion on the club at the expense of other fans, leaving that group as the only ones who are truly 'voiceless.' And how do you know your opinion and predictions are accurate? During Sir Alex Ferguson's first 3 years at Man United, there was an increasing group of fans calling for him to be sacked. That was in the late 80's, if it had been the social media age they would have been more organised and maybe got their way - and look what that group would have denied the club and other supporters. Not in any way equating Neilson with Ferguson (better example Tisdale at Exeter in last 12 months), just using the example to highlight why I think it's dangerous and almost arrogant for one group of fans to take opinionto the club and call it the fansview. If we were allagreed on something that was blatant, then fine, but most of this is opinion, interpretation, hearsay, etc, and doesn't justify what you have appointing yourself to do in the name of the fans.

What do you want me to call them?

Edit: Also - you mention there are voiceless fans who may disagree with the sentiment, but that applies to those that agree with it too. Those MKD fans who use this forum, Twitter/Facebook etc are only a fraction of supporters. Yes there will be many that disagree with it, but I would bet there are an equal amount that would agree who don't speak up. Any poll I have seen recently on here and on Twitter has been in favour of change (but again, voted for by a fraction of fan so unreliable as to whether its truly representative). Some fans won't care/be indifferent. I doubt you'd find many fans truly happy with everything though.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
HighamDon wrote:
Anyway, he is at Stadium MK a lot and I really don’t think this is helping the situation at all.

I agree with this, very Don Revie at United when Cloughie tried to manage them.

Anyone thought this might be why he comes? Robbo in winding up mode? Add to that Aneke watching.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:51 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Yes you had a opportunity to go to the fans forum and attend Supporters Association meetings, but to campaign against the club and the manager is in my eyes wrong. There has been no malpractice and on the whole the club is well run. What we have is a bust up between the manager and a long serving player. Both may have said things in the heat of the moment and Lewie training at Charlton is wrong, but I'm not going to start blaming and campaigning against the club and the manager, especially when I don't know the full facts.

Again part of the content of the letter is asking for more transparency on certain recent issues, so that rumours can be dismissed and the facts laid out to prevent further speculation. You cannot deny, that something just isn't right at the moment and the club need to know supporters are not happy about it.

Personally I didn't attend the fans forum as I live near Walsall, but the low attendance is reflective of the poor communication and engagement by the club with fans. A single fan forum in 6 months is hardly keeping supporters on board. Low attendance also reflects the increasing lack of interest supporters have with the club.

This isn't just about Lewington, this is about everything wrong with the club since the Championship, and particularly about the club under Neilson which is worse off than under Robinson last season - which is pretty damning to say.

No offence here Filthy, I run a large logistics site, dealing with Millions of pounds a day, I have to make decisions that aren't always popular, not always correct according to some of my staff ;) but are normally based on a greater understanding of what is going on in the wider business and current economic climate, my staff aren't always happy- however there are often decisions I have to make that I then can't divulge the reason why.

Whilst it's not a great thing to do (keep people in the dark) sometimes it is necessary for the greater good or for commercial reasons, a football club will have those same decisions to make, and I for one accept that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 pm 
Woburn wrote:
No offence here Filthy, I run a large logistics site, dealing with Millions of pounds a day, I have to make decisions that aren't always popular, not always correct according to some of my staff ;) but are normally based on a greater understanding of what is going on in the wider business and current economic climate, my staff aren't always happy- however there are often decisions I have to make that I then can't divulge the reason why.

Whilst it's not a great thing to do (keep people in the dark) sometimes it is necessary for the greater good or for commercial reasons, a football club will have those same decisions to make, and I for one accept that.

No offence taken. But your staff aren't paying hundreds/thousands of pounds of their own cash in tickets and train fares around the country or paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket each year. It should be the club that has the onus to keep fans on side, not the other way round. Your workers are at least getting paid and can put up with more as they know they are getting that reward.

There is a fine line to tread I agree, and commercial/financial activities are rightfully kept private. But a lot of what has gone on (or rumoured to), and the way the club have portrayed it, its very naive and ignorant to treat supporters that way - many of whom are intelligent enough to see through the press releases. Other clubs are far more open and act to keep fans on side, whereas those that don't build an ever increasing group of dissenting fans due to their poor handling of situations.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm 

Thanks for writing the letter and arranging this Filthy, it sums up my own feelings perfectly. For the good of the club, something needs to be done and quickly. I have signed and shared on social media.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next