THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I totally agree. I would like to know what happened to make Lewie train at Charlton and allegedly PW to broker the deal, but the club aren't going to wash their dirty linen in public as Woburn says. As for the rest of letter it's just online forum grudges being expressed.

Why is it "just" online forum grudges? Are fan concerns not as legitimate a concern as any? Without paying fans, there is no MK Dons.

We as fans know this club more than many. Those of us that have been around since 2004 fully "get" what this club is about, even more so than Neilson does in the space of a year, so think our views are worth something to the board.

Totally agree, if you go to a shop and get bad service, most people would complain, Nielsen has been here a year, and has made things worse. The football is dire, his interaction with the fans is abysmal, his understanding of what makes the club MK Dons is non-existent, and none of these things have improved since the start of the season and are unlikely to improve in the future without him being instructed to change his philosophy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Yes you had a opportunity to go to the fans forum and attend Supporters Association meetings, but to campaign against the club and the manager is in my eyes wrong. There has been no malpractice and on the whole the club is well run. What we have is a bust up between the manager and a long serving player. Both may have said things in the heat of the moment and Lewie training at Charlton is wrong, but I'm not going to start blaming and campaigning against the club and the manager, especially when I don't know the full facts.

Again part of the content of the letter is asking for more transparency on certain recent issues, so that rumours can be dismissed and the facts laid out to prevent further speculation. You cannot deny, that something just isn't right at the moment and the club need to know supporters are not happy about it.

Personally I didn't attend the fans forum as I live near Walsall, but the low attendance is reflective of the poor communication and engagement of the club with fans. A single fan forum in 6 months is hardly keeping supporters on board. Low attendance also reflects the increasing lack of interest supporters have with the club.

This isn't just about Lewington, this is about everything wrong with the club since the Championship, and particularly about the club under Neilson which is worse off than under Robinson last season - which is pretty damning to say.

I have nothing against the 1st paragraph although as Woburn says I doubt the club will reveal to much away, in as much they were private conversations. In regards to the 2nd point you could have asked your questions by email etc and its not the club's fault that few attended. We can hardly ask for more communication and then not attend a communication forum set up by the club. It's the third paragraph I object to. I'm not going to support a petition that is a general moan of we aren't doing as well as we should.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm 

First Post, Had to register just for this thread alone, plus some other things.

I am Milton Keynes born and bred, been watching them since the national hockey stadium days and I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years and for many years to come. I go to most cup games and try to get to as many away games, I also commute from East Northamptonshire to watch the Don’s at home so feel I have as much a say as anyone else.

So firstly on the Dean Lewington situation, mostly all we have is rumors and hearsay. Especially this one about a bust up at Bury, well if the bust up was that bad why did he play at LB against Oxford in the Checkatrade Trophy in November!!!! In which by the way he was terrible as I was one of the 101 home fans there. He gave Rob Hall a few kicks which was nice but he also gave away the penalty.
All we have to go on is what Neilson said to 3CR on Saturday which by the way 3CR totally took out of context typical small media speculating Dean had played his last game for us. You can hear the interview for yourself and can hear him mention nothing of the sort. Who cares about reading between the lines, listen to the facts we have.

I like many love Dean Lewingtons loyalty, passion and is without a doubt is a club legend, however I feel at the moment with some of our fans it’s a “who do I like most” competition and really has given those #neilsonout campaigners something to cling on to. However at times I feel some of our fans can be really two faced, last season people were really slagging Lewington off, saying he is passed it, living in fear when he was being played at CB this season he was booed away at Peterborough and one of our fans shouted “get that ginger #### off the pitch”

I for one am not in the Neilson camp here, I am also not in the Dean Lewington camp either. Could Neilson have handled the situation better, yes. Could Dean, oh yes, neither have covered themselves in glory here. If that picture of Dean is true then I am absolutely disgusted with him. At the end of the day whether you like it or not Neilson is the manager. By posting that picture he has only one thing in mind, it’s a childish poke at the manager, it’s to cause unrest with the supporters and the players under Neilson, in a hope that the club will fail and sack the manager. If Lewington was a legend and MK through and through then he would have understood that he is 3rd choice LB, not going to get any game time respected the managers decision and wished the club the best and work really hard to help this club be successful not cause more unrest for selfish reasons. Again if the picture is true the guy has gone down in my estimations.

Linked to this I saw Karl Robinson on Saturday in the car park after the game, I personally shook his hand and said “thank you for everything you have done for this club” as I don’t feel we ever got a chance to say that because the last time he walked on to that pitch as the manager fans were chanting for him to go and booing him. Anyway, he is at Stadium MK a lot and I really don’t think this is helping the situation at all.

Finally the fans, I mean no disrespect to anyone on this forum or twitter, FB etc, however it’s no wonder they call us plastic fans, all this “I am not renewing my season ticket” “I won’t be back until Neilson has gone” “Can I hand my season ticket in now” how about just supporting your club through thick and thin. I am fed up with all the keyboard warriors and now we have a bloody petition. There was one guy on Saturday tweeting 3CR (almost missed a Chuck Aneke goal while doing it) something about “surely Winky can see now, out played, outnumbered and out sung by Maidstone, he need to act soon” well for one we were not out played, we were just not clinical enough in the 1st half, 2 it was bloody Maidstone not Manchester United of course they were going to bring a lot of fans, this is a cup final to them but to us it’s a playing a team 2 leagues below us and I did not see him sing at any point.
We talk about the MK way, do we really have one? That’s not me saying “no we don’t” We are technically 13 years old, 6 of those 13 years we played a particular style under a particular manager. I feel we still have that vibrant youth feel to our club, look at the academy guys who are getting a chance under Neilson. We are not playing attractive football but who knows where the future takes us. At this moment in time the most qualified tactician out of all of us is Robbie Neilson and until that changes he has my support as I support this club.

This ridiculous petition talks about how the club is run and how we should have more insight, it mentions fan forums that have not been attended. Let’s attended them then rather than the British way of sending a strongly worded letter. Some people have also been talking about a disconnect between the players, manager and fans. Well maybe the manager is a little more moody than our last manager however I have not seen that with the players, every player that scored on Saturday went over to the fans. One of you has a GIF of Agard running the length of the fans in celebration!

I for one disagree with this letter, it would appear the letter will be sent anyway. I am a supporter of this football club and fundamentally disagree with some of the points on that letter so I am begging you to remove all statements that say “supporters feel” or “supporters think” and especially “Supporters feel that decisive action needs to be taken by the board – with serious consideration given to the termination of Robbie Neilsons Contract” I am a supporter and don’t want you talking for me.

I am very sorry for the long rant and that’s what it is. I am just really passionate about this club, yes I am not happy with where we are at the moment, yes I want us to win every game, yes I am aware Robbie has changed his tune and now we are talking about a 2/3 year plan, he is a young manager and we have a really promising young squad so I am willing to wait. We have seen some good performances under Robbie. I for one will never be handing in our season tickets we are lucky we have a great local club to support that in my opinion is fairly well run. Jesus we could be Coventry or Blackpool!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm 

Bill wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I totally agree. I would like to know what happened to make Lewie train at Charlton and allegedly PW to broker the deal, but the club aren't going to wash their dirty linen in public as Woburn says. As for the rest of letter it's just online forum grudges being expressed.

Why is it "just" online forum grudges? Are fan concerns not as legitimate a concern as any? Without paying fans, there is no MK Dons.

We as fans know this club more than many. Those of us that have been around since 2004 fully "get" what this club is about, even more so than Neilson does in the space of a year, so think our views are worth something to the board.

Totally agree, if you go to a shop and get bad service, most people would complain, Nielsen has been here a year, and has made things worse. The football is dire, his interaction with the fans is abysmal, his understanding of what makes the club MK Dons is non-existent, and none of these things have improved since the start of the season and are unlikely to improve in the future without him being instructed to change his philosophy.

Why have you got a bad service from the club? Is it in your contract that we have to win matches?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:57 pm 
Updated with slight tweaks including SG19's sentence re-wording. Also re-written certain sections to sound less imposing/overpowering/demanding:

Link to updated letter: https://www.scribd.com/document/3663713 ... -VERSION-2

Also - anyone that has signed the petition, would be grateful if you could share the petition link on Facebook/Twitter. I don't have access to Twitter at the moment, so if anyone could share it with On The Dot and others on there, think we would get quite a few more signatures.

Link for the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/pete-winkelman ... mk-dons-fc

Last edited by FilthyDon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:00 pm 

HighamDon wrote:
Anyway, he is at Stadium MK a lot and I really don’t think this is helping the situation at all.

I agree with this, very Don Revie at United when Cloughie tried to manage them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:15 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Bill wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Why have you got a bad service from the club? Is it in your contract that we have to win matches?

Given most people complain about the current style of play and the negative philosophy, and given that the club is there to provide entertainment, I think most people will agree that under Nielsen the club is providing a bad service.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 pm 
@HighamDon

That's your point of view, I can assure you there is an ever increasing number of supporters who have the opposite viewpoint. Declining attendances speak volumes.

Regarding your dislike of the letter asking for Neilson's contract termination, a few others have expressed the same opinion and I have altered the letter to be less threatening/demanding in tone.

I won't be changing the mention of the word 'supporters'. As of now there are 15 signatures on the petition - all of whom are supporters, so it fairly reflects those that back the content.

I fully understand there are those that have completely different opinions, and that is fine, I'm not going to attack them they are entitled to their opinion. But so am I and anyone else who agrees with the content of the letter. There are quite a few long standing supporters who have been around the club since day 1 expressing the same concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:23 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
@HighamDon

That's your point of view, I can assure you there is an ever increasing number of supporters who have the opposite viewpoint. Declining attendances speak volumes.

Regarding your dislike of the letter asking for Neilson's contract termination, a few others have expressed the same opinion and I have altered the letter to be less threatening/demanding in tone.

I won't be changing the mention of the word 'supporters'. As of now there are 15 signatures on the petition - all of whom are supporters, so it fairly reflects those that back the content.

I fully understand there are those that have completely different opinions, and that is fine, I'm not going to attack them they are entitled to their opinion. But so am I and anyone else who agrees with the content of the letter. There are quite a few long standing supporters who have been around the club since day 1 expressing the same concerns.

Like I said, I am not here to fall out with anyone, I am just expressing my frustration and opinion as is everyone else i guess. We all have the same thing in common, we love this club.

I appreciate that you have changed the wording around Robbie Neilson's contact termination.

I am sure you will get more signatures but disagree that 15 signatures fairly reflects the opinion of all "Supporters" which is the word you are using.

Anyway I guess I am free to write my own letter distancing myself from your letter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
@HighamDon

Declining attendances are partly down to the fact that 220,000 odd people live in MK and only probably a quarter of them are MK fans. Most support other clubs (Man U for example, we went 4-0 up and the plastic mancs did one so quickly). If the footie isn't good then this will put others off.

I just don't see what this will achieve. I don't think when they get this letter they are going to go shit lets sack Robbie cause ohhh 100 fans are annoyed at the way I run the football club.

He is not stupid (he may look it, but he isn't). He knows how bad things are. He and Cullen doesn't bury their heads in the sand they know more that you think they know. He just isn't as trigger happy and correct me if I am wrong isn't that what most of the "support" like about Winky?

Last edited by Russybcool on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next