THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:
I really feel Pete has got enough to worry about trying to sort this mess out without supporters getting on his back and pestering him. Someone has already mentioned that he is looking stressed lately, so please lets not make his problems worse.

This. Plus do you really think Cullen and Winky don't know the feelings of the fans?

I would assume that they would have an idea of what is going on internally. I would say it would be Cullen and Winky who put Dove on gardening leave. Not Neilson.

If the first is true, then they either don't care (which I don't believe), they are tied financially so can't do anything about it or they don't know what to do, so the petition ight just push them into finding a solution.

They have fans forums (which the letter alluded to nobody turning up).If you don't go to those forums and don't speak up then nothing will change. A stongly worded letter will do fuck all to change their minds.

We don't have all the facts we have what people are told. Unless you ask the parties involved (lewie and neilson) then it is all based on half truths and people's perceptions. How do you know Lewie wasn't racist to neilson for example and this is what is caused the issue?

There are two sides to every story and I believe the letter is treading thin ice. Stick to what we know. The football is shit.

You mean xenophobic not racist but I agree we don't know the full story. It appears to me that people are upset at how Lewie has been treated but are fully prepared to treat Robbie terribly. Double standards.

I do mean Xenophobic. It doesn't help that the club has been getting further and further away from the fans for years. It started the Championship season where we were told we would be given a competitive budget. Little did we know the budget was 50p and a piece of chewing gum that was found in winkies pocket. Couple that with the training ground farce (it is now officially a farce) and the shit football served up under the old administration at the end and the new regime then I can see why people are pissed off. There just needs to be some control of it before it degenerates further than it already has.

As I say do what you need to do, but I can't sign it. Not that I don't want change. I just don't see how it is going to tell the powers that be what they don't already know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Nice to know. Keep reaching for the rainbow champ!

Vroom vroomj

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am 
Alby wrote:
Sorry but the moment you openly ask a man to sack a manager is the moment I can’t sign this.

I don’t like particularly want Neilson around here if this all carries on in the same manner but literally asking a man to sack someone in a letter is a bit ott. Tweets and discussions etc are different. That’s a bit formal and the wrong way to go. In my opinion.

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
I & understand and appreciate your passion & sentiment Filthy, and would suggest a review of your draft open letter again with some fresh eyes & perspective in the morning before finally sending, to ensure that your passion & genuinely held feelings are expressed as precisely as you'd wish.

You're both totally right, it's a bit too heavy going.

I wrote the whole thing at 5am having read both Brando and OtD's blogs, and at the end of the day it's just a game we pay a few quid to watch and then carry on with whatever else is in our lives. But to Neilson and everyone else at the club, it's their job and livelihood, and whether we like them being around or not, its still just a game at the end of the day simply disagreeing with what goes on doesn't warrant demanding someone's job and way of life being at stake.

I'll reword the letter so it's less direct - I'll take out the bits about sacking and just ask for the board to consider general change, and make the changes you suggested SG19.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 am 
Bill wrote:
Alby wrote:
Sorry but the moment you openly ask a man to sack a manager is the moment I can’t sign this.

I don’t like particularly want Neilson around here if this all carries on in the same manner but literally asking a man to sack someone in a letter is a bit ott. Tweets and discussions etc are different. That’s a bit formal and the wrong way to go. In my opinion.

Actually I agree with Alby, how about changing it to ask Winkie to get Nielson to change his attitude and philosophy. If Nielson is reluctant to change then perhaps that would bring about the change most people want without going full out and asking for him to be sacked.

Yep Bill you're right too, going to make a few small edits and change the tone to something a bit more productive rather than demanding.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am 

Nothing like a good witch hunt..........

Dear Football club, please can you air your dirty washing in public and give us the inside track to what is going on ? We need to know-No we demand to know and we want all of the dirt and please sack someone, anyone, just show us you're doing something.

Seriously ? Yes Lewie is a Club Legend, does he deserve the right to get playing time at the moment ? Not our decision to make.
Has RN shafted Lewie and left him with nowhere to go ? We don't know and why should we ? Maybe Lewie has undermined RN in front of the squad, which has left RN with nowhere to go other than to enforce a breakdown in the relationship.

Yes the football is dull at the moment, will it get better ? Fuck knows, unlikely I' say tbh, Pete picked Robbie, Pete knew what he was getting and also knew that a major overhaul was needed- we all did, didn't we ? Was it going to work first time around ? Unlikely, maybe lower your expectations a little and let people who are paid to make these tough decisions, make them.

Fair play for doing what you're doing Filthy, but it's not for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:27 pm 

Woburn wrote:
Nothing like a good witch hunt..........

Dear Football club, please can you air your dirty washing in public and give us the inside track to what is going on ? We need to know-No we demand to know and we want all of the dirt and please sack someone, anyone, just show us you're doing something.

Seriously ? Yes Lewie is a Club Legend, does he deserve the right to get playing time at the moment ? Not our decision to make.
Has RN shafted Lewie and left him with nowhere to go ? We don't know and why should we ? Maybe Lewie has undermined RN in front of the squad, which has left RN with nowhere to go other than to enforce a breakdown in the relationship.

Yes the football is dull at the moment, will it get better ? Fuck knows, unlikely I' say tbh, Pete picked Robbie, Pete knew what he was getting and also knew that a major overhaul was needed- we all did, didn't we ? Was it going to work first time around ? Unlikely, maybe lower your expectations a little and let people who are paid to make these tough decisions, make them.

Fair play for doing what you're doing Filthy, but it's not for me.

I totally agree. I would like to know what happened to make Lewie train at Charlton and allegedly PW to broker the deal, but the club aren't going to wash their dirty linen in public as Woburn says. As for the rest of letter it's just online forum grudges being expressed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Bill wrote:
Alby wrote:

Actually I agree with Alby, how about changing it to ask Winkie to get Nielson to change his attitude and philosophy. If Nielson is reluctant to change then perhaps that would bring about the change most people want without going full out and asking for him to be sacked.

Yep Bill you're right too, going to make a few small edits and change the tone to something a bit more productive rather than demanding.

If you must send one, then I agree that the tone should be far less demanding. However I am completely against the whole idea. I like social media, but I think one of the worst side effects of it is the ease (and consequently regularity) with which it allows fans to organise petitions, protests, etc. A lot of the blame for the short-term thinking in tean selection and sackings is blamed on the increased money in the game. And it does share some of the blame. But the increasing ease with which fans can voice their organised discontent also must share the blame. Clubs are being urged to sack managers by fans at an increasing level and that's wrong. Everyone's entitled to their individual opinion, but when that spreads into an organised voice to out people from jobs, etc, then it crosses the line for me. In our brief history we have been a bottom 2 division club. We are currently 16th in league one, in the FA cup 3rd Rd and still in Checkatrade Trophy so might still go to Wembley. Yes there are issues of dissatisfaction, but if we feel we are at the petition and ultimatum stage now, how many more times will we be in the future? It's a low period but not one that calls for something that was, until the rise of social media, the very last resort. I know from most it all comes from love of the club and frustration of the situation, but I don't think it's a helpful part of the modern game and I don't think we should go down that route.

The problem is that as fans we are powerless to watch how the club goes about things day to day. We invest a lot of our own time and money to support the club, but there is only so much patience one can have. This isn't a minor blip, the whole club has been on a downward spiral since relegation.

Ofcourse we must trust the board/management to rectify it, but when they have seemingly attempted that and on the surface are happy to sit back and let us continue to slide, then there comes a time when for some of us, the only option left is to speak up.

I agree it's not for everyone, and some are quite happy to just see how things play out, but relegation (which I feel is a real possibility given we are almost halfway through the season) would take this club back years. We're still at a point where we can do something about it. It's not just about that though, it's the way the whole club is being run at the moment and the alienation fans are feeling, as well as the treatment of Lewie.

Ofcourse things might be great behind the scenes, but fans don't know what goes on and that is part of the reason for the letter - for more transparency and communication and honesty rather than this facade that everything is okay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:30 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:

I totally agree. I would like to know what happened to make Lewie train at Charlton and allegedly PW to broker the deal, but the club aren't going to wash their dirty linen in public as Woburn says. As for the rest of letter it's just online forum grudges being expressed.

Why is it "just" online forum grudges? Are fan concerns not as legitimate a concern as any? Without paying fans, there is no MK Dons.

We as fans know this club more than many. Those of us that have been around since 2004 fully "get" what this club is about, even more so than Neilson does in the space of a year, so think our views are worth something to the board.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Why is it "just" online forum grudges? Are fan concerns not as legitimate a concern as any? Without paying fans, there is no MK Dons.

We as fans know this club more than many. Those of us that have been around since 2004 fully "get" what this club is about, even more so than Neilson does in the space of a year, so think our views are worth something to the board.

Yes you had a opportunity to go to the fans forum and attend Supporters Association meetings, but to campaign against the club and the manager is in my eyes wrong. There has been no malpractice and on the whole the club is well run. What we have is a bust up between the manager and a long serving player. Both may have said things in the heat of the moment and Lewie training at Charlton is wrong, but I'm not going to start blaming and campaigning against the club and the manager, especially when I don't know the full facts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Yes you had a opportunity to go to the fans forum and attend Supporters Association meetings, but to campaign against the club and the manager is in my eyes wrong. There has been no malpractice and on the whole the club is well run. What we have is a bust up between the manager and a long serving player. Both may have said things in the heat of the moment and Lewie training at Charlton is wrong, but I'm not going to start blaming and campaigning against the club and the manager, especially when I don't know the full facts.

Again part of the content of the letter is asking for more transparency on certain recent issues, so that rumours can be dismissed and the facts laid out to prevent further speculation. You cannot deny, that something just isn't right at the moment and the club need to know supporters are not happy about it.

Personally I didn't attend the fans forum as I live near Walsall, but the low attendance is reflective of the poor communication and engagement by the club with fans. A single fan forum in 6 months is hardly keeping supporters on board. Low attendance also reflects the increasing lack of interest supporters have with the club.

This isn't just about Lewington, this is about everything wrong with the club since the Championship, and particularly about the club under Neilson which is worse off than under Robinson last season - which is pretty damning to say.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next