THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am 

Alby wrote:
Sorry but the moment you openly ask a man to sack a manager is the moment I can’t sign this.

I don’t like particularly want Neilson around here if this all carries on in the same manner but literally asking a man to sack someone in a letter is a bit ott. Tweets and discussions etc are different. That’s a bit formal and the wrong way to go. In my opinion.

Absolutely , there is something morally repugnant about two blogs being produced within an hour with the help of someone on the inside payroll briefing against the manager . Then by the morning a letter from the "supporters" calling for the managers head . Not pleasant at all. Talk about integrity... pah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am 

Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:
I really feel Pete has got enough to worry about trying to sort this mess out without supporters getting on his back and pestering him. Someone has already mentioned that he is looking stressed lately, so please lets not make his problems worse.

This. Plus do you really think Cullen and Winky don't know the feelings of the fans?

I would assume that they would have an idea of what is going on internally. I would say it would be Cullen and Winky who put Dove on gardening leave. Not Neilson.

If the first is true, then they either don't care (which I don't believe), they are tied financially so can't do anything about it or they don't know what to do, so the petition ight just push them into finding a solution.

They have fans forums (which the letter alluded to nobody turning up).If you don't go to those forums and don't speak up then nothing will change. A stongly worded letter will do fuck all to change their minds.

We don't have all the facts we have what people are told. Unless you ask the parties involved (lewie and neilson) then it is all based on half truths and people's perceptions. How do you know Lewie wasn't racist to neilson for example and this is what is caused the issue?

There are two sides to every story and I believe the letter is treading thin ice. Stick to what we know. The football is shit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:
I really feel Pete has got enough to worry about trying to sort this mess out without supporters getting on his back and pestering him. Someone has already mentioned that he is looking stressed lately, so please lets not make his problems worse.

This. Plus do you really think Cullen and Winky don't know the feelings of the fans?

I would assume that they would have an idea of what is going on internally. I would say it would be Cullen and Winky who put Dove on gardening leave. Not Neilson.

If the first is true, then they either don't care (which I don't believe), they are tied financially so can't do anything about it or they don't know what to do, so the petition ight just push them into finding a solution.

They have fans forums (which the letter alluded to nobody turning up).If you don't go to those forums and don't speak up then nothing will change. A stongly worded letter will do fuck all to change their minds.

We don't have all the facts we have what people are told. Unless you ask the parties involved (lewie and neilson) then it is all based on half truths and people's perceptions. How do you know Lewie wasn't racist to neilson for example and this is what is caused the issue?

There are two sides to every story and I believe the letter is treading thin ice. Stick to what we know. The football is shit.

It’s nice to know we have some common ground......the football is shit :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
I & understand and appreciate your passion & sentiment Filthy, and would suggest a review of your draft open letter again with some fresh eyes & perspective in the morning before finally sending, to ensure that your passion & genuinely held feelings are expressed as precisely as you'd wish. Three or four sentences stand out for me in the current draft, which I'd suggest could be revised as follows:

"Need I remind the board that the team are in a similar league position to a year ago, shortly before the club parted ways with Karl Robinson."
"The club has been on a downward decline since promotion to the Championship, and that overall trend has not been successfully reversed. Relegation remains a possibility."
"This is without a doubt, one of the lowest points in the clubs history."

Hope this helps and is taken in the positive spirit intended - either way, best of luck with your petition & open letter.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:

You mean xenophobic not racist but I agree we don't know the full story. It appears to me that people are upset at how Lewie has been treated but are fully prepared to treat Robbie terribly. Double standards.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am 

WellDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:

I just don't buy into the fact that it is as one sided as everyone makes out. I want the best for the club, but there are two sides to a story and how do you know these mystery sources don't have it in for Neilson too?

Do what makes you sleep better at night, but I don't think a slanted letter to criticise a mans character and convince the powers that be to fire him is the right way to go.

If the football was good and we were top of the league I doubt anyone would begrudge Lewington going out on loan as much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 am 

Russybcool wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:

I just don't buy into the fact that it is as one sided as everyone makes out. I want the best for the club, but there are two sides to a story and how do you know these mystery sources don't have it in for Neilson too?

Do what makes you sleep better at night, but I don't think a slanted letter to criticise a mans character and convince the powers that be to fire him is the right way to go.

If the football was good and we were top of the league I doubt anyone would begrudge Lewington going out on loan as much.

I don’t think anyone minds Lewington is going out on loan, I think it’s a case of people are not happy the way it’s all been played out, and yes Lewie is possibly culpable in some way.
It doesn’t look good whoever is to blame, it’s obviously devisive as we are seeing with fans with strong opposing views, and I can’t see it getting any better in the short term.
I’m not even sure a press statement from the Club, would calm troubled waters.
As a slight aside......I notice the local media is pretty quiet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 am 

Russybcool wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:

If I had wheels I would be a car

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 am 

Alby wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Bill wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
donmentor wrote:

If I had wheels I would be a car

Nice to know. Keep reaching for the rainbow champ!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am 

As others have said there is always two sides to this sort of issue. If it has escalated to a disciplinary matter (which Lewie being shipped out to train elsewhere suggests) then the Club are not going to say anything - and likewise the local press.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next