THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: OTD latest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Why don't people realise we're not asking Lewington to play. He's not good enough anymore and Golbourne is rightly in the squad. The problem is that he was promised game time, and after asking to have a private meeting with RN things have escalated to a point where Robbie has told him to fuck off and he'll never play for us again. It's the treatment of the club captain I'm angry at, not the fact I think he should be an automatic starter, which I don't.

So let's get this right you don't want Lewie to play as he is no longer good enough but you do want to give him more game time because you believe he was promised it. :?

No you're misinterpreting me yet again, I don't think he's good enough to play but I feel he's right in wanting to ask why he wasn't getting as much game time as he was promised. I also feel the way Robbie has treated him in this situation has been appalling

Do we know how much game time he was 'promised'?
At the time Lewie signed his new 2 year contract it was widely reported that he had been offered a reduced playing role, plus a move into management of the newly established under-23s, plus the Club paying to put him through all his coaching badges.
He chose not to go down that route, but to compete with others for game time, even though he knew at that time that the Club were bringing in another LB.
That was Lewie's choice and makes me think that he does not actually want to go down the coaching route, why else would you turn down an offer like the one made?
It is clear that he and Neilson have fallen out, but I do not think it as clear cut as Lewie being treated appallingly.

I'd call our club captain being told to "fuck off" and that he'll never play for us again appalling if I'm being honest. I'd call our chairman having to sort out training for our club captain at a rival club being appalling. I'd call what warranted a private word being turned into a major fuck up by a bloke that seems to be going the Steven Pressley route of having no man management skills being quite wrong too.

Come on if saying "Fuck Off" happened is that the reason to castigate Neilson? I heard worse believe me. Was you privy to there conversations and what was said by both parties?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:29 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Why don't people realise we're not asking Lewington to play. He's not good enough anymore and Golbourne is rightly in the squad. The problem is that he was promised game time, and after asking to have a private meeting with RN things have escalated to a point where Robbie has told him to fuck off and he'll never play for us again. It's the treatment of the club captain I'm angry at, not the fact I think he should be an automatic starter, which I don't.

So let's get this right you don't want Lewie to play as he is no longer good enough but you do want to give him more game time because you believe he was promised it. :?

No you're misinterpreting me yet again, I don't think he's good enough to play but I feel he's right in wanting to ask why he wasn't getting as much game time as he was promised. I also feel the way Robbie has treated him in this situation has been appalling

At the time Lewie signed his new 2 year contract it was widely reported that he had been offered a reduced playing role, plus a move into management of the newly established under-23s, plus the Club paying to put him through all his coaching badges.
He chose not to go down that route, but to compete with others for game time, even though he knew at that time that the Club were bringing in another LB.
That was Lewie's choice and makes me think that he does not actually want to go down the coaching route, why else would you turn down an offer like the one made?
It is clear that he and Neilson have fallen out, but I do not think it as clear cut as Lewie being treated appallingly.

I'd call our club captain being told to "fuck off" and that he'll never play for us again appalling if I'm being honest. I'd call our chairman having to sort out training for our club captain at a rival club being appalling. I'd call what warranted a private word being turned into a major fuck up by a bloke that seems to be going the Steven Pressley route of having no man management skills being quite wrong too.

Come on if saying "Fuck Off" happened is that the reason to castigate Neilson? I heard worse believe me. Was you privy to there conversations and what was said by both parties?

Plus he's a jock. That's pretty much their way of saying "See you later", not necessarily an offensive statement

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:19 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
leodon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Plus he's a jock. That's pretty much their way of saying "See you later", not necessarily an offensive statement

Strange you should say that. I was thinking of the similarities between this and Alex Ferguson's bust up with Roy Keane. I can imagine I few choice words were said then as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... raphy.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm 

Depends on how it was said. As it came with Lewie being told he'd never play for us again and to get out the club (I've seen texts backing this up) I can't imagine it was meant in any decent way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Depends on how it was said. As it came with Lewie being told he'd never play for us again and to get out the club (I've seen texts backing this up) I can't imagine it was meant in any decent way.

So Robbie told Lewie in front of witnesses who then texted the conversation? :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

This has come from someone at Charlton, where Lewington would have been discussing what happened.
I don't think it helped that Lewie said that RN couldn't lace KR's boots afterwards, but in all honesty (and I'm not a Robbo fan in the slightest) Lewie was spot on

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:14 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

This has come from someone at Charlton, where Lewington would have been discussing what happened.
I don't think it helped that Lewie said that RN couldn't lace KR's boots afterwards, but in all honesty (and I'm not a Robbo fan in the slightest) Lewie was spot on

So you believe it could have come from Robbo after conversations with Lewie. :o I believe that is called biased and hearsay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

So you believe it could have come from Robbo after conversations with Lewie. :o I believe that is called biased and hearsay.

I don't 'believe' anything. Different accounts from both MK and Charlton are painting one picture that's getting clearer with more information.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:20 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

I don't 'believe' anything. Different accounts from both MK and Charlton are painting one picture that's getting clearer with more information.

But you saw the texts that could have come from Robbo?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:21 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
But you saw the texts that could have come from Robbo?

I never said anything came from Robbo himself, I said they've come from Charlton.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next