THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: OTD latest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
You won't be surprised to find out that I disagree with a lot of it and find some of it baffling.

OTD acknowledges that some will disagree with him (or her), but says "you may despise my comments". Why would anyone despise him for holding an opinion and further states, "But I will not accept fans being disrespectful to someone who has done more for this club than any other person I know other than Pete Winkelman". Who is being disrespectful? Is this a few idiot boo boys who gave him abuse or is it people like myself who believe there are two sides to a story?

There is, like here, oblique references to multiple sources behind the scenes and that, "Pete W has to broker him training sessions with a rival club", which is true, must be unprecedented and someone at the club should clarify the situation.

I acknowledge Dean's contribution but being in the team must be on merit and in football the manager decides who it should be. There should be no special consideration or favours for long service. I wonder where he will end up. Robbo has stated that he isn't going to play for Charlton and I wonder if another League 1 club will want him? Northampton perhaps?

Finally I would like to agree with OTD that we will miss him.

I think you're too hung up on the technicalities of why/how this whole Lewie situation came about. The bigger picture is the atmosphere around the club, the lack of connection between the club and fans, the lack of soul, the rumours around certain individuals and the general negativity surrounding the club, as well as the lack of transparency and communication on many issues which fans care about.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
You won't be surprised to find out that I disagree with a lot of it and find some of it baffling.

OTD acknowledges that some will disagree with him (or her), but says "you may despise my comments". Why would anyone despise him for holding an opinion and further states, "But I will not accept fans being disrespectful to someone who has done more for this club than any other person I know other than Pete Winkelman". Who is being disrespectful? Is this a few idiot boo boys who gave him abuse or is it people like myself who believe there are two sides to a story?

There is, like here, oblique references to multiple sources behind the scenes and that, "Pete W has to broker him training sessions with a rival club", which is true, must be unprecedented and someone at the club should clarify the situation.

I acknowledge Dean's contribution but being in the team must be on merit and in football the manager decides who it should be. There should be no special consideration or favours for long service. I wonder where he will end up. Robbo has stated that he isn't going to play for Charlton and I wonder if another League 1 club will want him? Northampton perhaps?

Finally I would like to agree with OTD that we will miss him.

I think you're too hung up on the technicalities of why/how this whole Lewie situation came about. The bigger picture is the atmosphere around the club, the lack of connection between the club and fans, the lack of soul, the rumours around certain individuals and the general negativity surrounding the club, as well as the lack of transparency and communication on many issues which fans care about.

The atmosphere around the club has been due to our lack of success since we got promoted and popular players / manager leaving. There has been little change in regards to the connection between fans and the club. We have the usual fans forum, with the supporters association taking up the immediate concerns, while Robbie with the players have return to the after match applause.

The rumours are just rumours when people refuse to give any detail, but the catalyst seems to be Lewie and the criticism from him and them that he should be playing regardless, which I disagree. The only claim I find hard to understand is why the club would broker him training at Charlton. If true, is there something we are not privy to or was it just convenience?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 pm 

I'm sorry, it's a lovely write up and honesty , integity and sincerity are fabulous words but it lacks any objection at all . RN simply does not feel he is up to it and you seem to be asking him to play for the wrong reasons . That I'm afraid lacks integrity

It also lacks any thought of the frankly massive job RN had when he first arrived here . Not only to try to win promotion but to reduce the age of the squad, that was always going to upset some stalwarts. PW needs to be strong enough to support that . I was at the game at Wigan and I also thought then he was not up to the task and I'm afraid to say I've seen nothing to alter that opinion in subsequent games he's featured in

The fact that he has a two year contract is a wonderful gesture from the club and DLshould be greatful for it ,as I read it that was for transition into coaching , if that is not what he wanted then he should have been honest with every paying punter at the club and gone elsewhere where they guaranteed him first team football

There are many problems indeed and I'm yet to be convinced by RN and maybe hes not the man but thats PWs desicion but I also can see that there is a middle and a long term plan that needed attention

It's a shame 100% but the shame also involves DLs behavior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 pm 

Why don't people realise we're not asking Lewington to play. He's not good enough anymore and Golbourne is rightly in the squad. The problem is that he was promised game time, and after asking to have a private meeting with RN things have escalated to a point where Robbie has told him to fuck off and he'll never play for us again. It's the treatment of the club captain I'm angry at, not the fact I think he should be an automatic starter, which I don't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Why don't people realise we're not asking Lewington to play. He's not good enough anymore and Golbourne is rightly in the squad. The problem is that he was promised game time, and after asking to have a private meeting with RN things have escalated to a point where Robbie has told him to fuck off and he'll never play for us again. It's the treatment of the club captain I'm angry at, not the fact I think he should be an automatic starter, which I don't.

To add to this, Golbourne got injured and Lewington remained on the bench, with Williams going to left back (an unnatural position for him). We had a natural left back on the bench in Lewington, who had been our first choice left back the season before and he wasn't called upon. Lewington had every right to be pissed off. Its a complete insult from Neilson.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:04 am 

DippyDon wrote:

So let's get this right you don't want Lewie to play as he is no longer good enough but you do want to give him more game time because you believe he was promised it. :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am 

Can anyone smell burning ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

So let's get this right you don't want Lewie to play as he is no longer good enough but you do want to give him more game time because you believe he was promised it. :?

No you're misinterpreting me yet again, I don't think he's good enough to play but I feel he's right in wanting to ask why he wasn't getting as much game time as he was promised. I also feel the way Robbie has treated him in this situation has been appalling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:17 am 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

No you're misinterpreting me yet again, I don't think he's good enough to play but I feel he's right in wanting to ask why he wasn't getting as much game time as he was promised. I also feel the way Robbie has treated him in this situation has been appalling

Do we know how much game time he was 'promised'?
At the time Lewie signed his new 2 year contract it was widely reported that he had been offered a reduced playing role, plus a move into management of the newly established under-23s, plus the Club paying to put him through all his coaching badges.
He chose not to go down that route, but to compete with others for game time, even though he knew at that time that the Club were bringing in another LB.
That was Lewie's choice and makes me think that he does not actually want to go down the coaching route, why else would you turn down an offer like the one made?
It is clear that he and Neilson have fallen out, but I do not think it as clear cut as Lewie being treated appallingly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am 

leodon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Do we know how much game time he was 'promised'?
At the time Lewie signed his new 2 year contract it was widely reported that he had been offered a reduced playing role, plus a move into management of the newly established under-23s, plus the Club paying to put him through all his coaching badges.
He chose not to go down that route, but to compete with others for game time, even though he knew at that time that the Club were bringing in another LB.
That was Lewie's choice and makes me think that he does not actually want to go down the coaching route, why else would you turn down an offer like the one made?
It is clear that he and Neilson have fallen out, but I do not think it as clear cut as Lewie being treated appallingly.

I'd call our club captain being told to "fuck off" and that he'll never play for us again appalling if I'm being honest. I'd call our chairman having to sort out training for our club captain at a rival club being appalling. I'd call what warranted a private word being turned into a major fuck up by a bloke that seems to be going the Steven Pressley route of having no man management skills being quite wrong too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next