THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: More unrest?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 am 

Nkdon wrote:
There's no smoke without a fire and if you cant see the discord around the club at the moment, then you must be choosing to look the other way.

MK Dons is a local employer and many people within the club have friends outside the club that live in MK. The information that has spread via sources with connections to the club has been proven to be true, and what point would there be in some of the regular posters on here being dishonest? If someone has inside info, obviously, they are not going to divulge their contacts.

We can all see the fallout, we don't need to know the specifics to see that they are and have been true. Even if the gossip is not true, its all systemic of the same problem. Robbie Neilson has failed in his job. He's failed his most loyal player, he's lost the dressing room, he's lost the fragile non-connection he had with the fans, he's failed in his stated goal for this season, and its not half way through the season.

Pete was too slow to act decisively about changing Manager with Karl Robinson, and is doing the same with Neilson, it's way past time for him to have moved on and the fallout is getting worse.

Far too sensible post for here. Agree 100%

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:42 am 

Its a ridiculous notion to expect people to provide sources. Im not being over dramatic when I say it could put peoples jobs at unease. We should be grateful for any, if any, information we as fans get because the club sure are keeping us in the dark. We certainly shouldnt expect people like otd who reveal bits here and there to give up there sources like that would make us any more trusting. All giving up sources would do is ensure no more information came to light and make their role at the club difficult. I salute otd tbh and our sources are down the line when we can look back at the blog and think oh yes otd was right. Thats your source.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 am 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Its a ridiculous notion to expect people to provide sources. Im not being over dramatic when I say it could put peoples jobs at unease. We should be grateful for any, if any, information we as fans get because the club sure are keeping us in the dark. We certainly shouldnt expect people like otd who reveal bits here and there to give up there sources like that would make us any more trusting. All giving up sources would do is ensure no more information came to light and make their role at the club difficult. I salute otd tbh and our sources are down the line when we can look back at the blog and think oh yes otd was right. Thats your source.

I don't anyone asked people to reveal their sources, unless it there were already in the public domain. I know I haven't. All I have asked for is a bit of clarity in any claim (or not) they are making and what they are basing it on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 am 

Am I the only one thinking there seem to be a lot more inside sources nowadays than previously. I'm not disputing that some of them are genuine, but when you have so many people all making vague-ish claims then it's not out of the question that some of these claims are, at best half baked extrapolations of limited inside info, and at worst out and out lies from trolls etc. Or maybe that's just the cynic in me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am 

BristolDon wrote:
Am I the only one thinking there seem to be a lot more inside sources nowadays than previously. I'm not disputing that some of them are genuine, but when you have so many people all making vague-ish claims then it's not out of the question that some of these claims are, at best half baked extrapolations of limited inside info, and at worst out and out lies from trolls etc. Or maybe that's just the cynic in me

The thing is, if you look at where some of the info is coming from, or at least the people that are releasing it, they have been generally well respected sources of info previously.
I don’t consider any to be trolls, Wum’s etc, just found it funny they all came out of the woodwork at the same time, none as far as I’m aware have any reason to create problems, what do they have to gain, generally they are hardcore Dons fans that can be found most Saturday’s up and down the country supporting the team.
I’m happy to accept PW’s explanation, although I would have liked to hear both sides of the current supposed issues.......but that is never going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Nkdon wrote:
There's no smoke without a fire and if you cant see the discord around the club at the moment, then you must be choosing to look the other way.

MK Dons is a local employer and many people within the club have friends outside the club that live in MK. The information that has spread via sources with connections to the club has been proven to be true, and what point would there be in some of the regular posters on here being dishonest? If someone has inside info, obviously, they are not going to divulge their contacts.

We can all see the fallout, we don't need to know the specifics to see that they are and have been true. Even if the gossip is not true, its all systemic of the same problem. Robbie Neilson has failed in his job. He's failed his most loyal player, he's lost the dressing room, he's lost the fragile non-connection he had with the fans, he's failed in his stated goal for this season, and its not half way through the season.

Pete was too slow to act decisively about changing Manager with Karl Robinson, and is doing the same with Neilson, it's way past time for him to have moved on and the fallout is getting worse.

Far too sensible post for here. Agree 100%

Boo. Resign.