THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: More unrest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:39 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
We've never stood in a players way before, especially for international games so this one is hard to believe, but I'm not dismissing you. If it is true, then what the hell are we playing at?

They were my thoughts when I was told.

Isn't it against FIFA rules to refuse to release a player to an international team?

Don't think so (although not 100%). Borussia Dortmund only allowed Jadon Sancho to play for England U17s in the U17 World Cup on the basis that he wouldn't play in the quarter finals and beyond if England reached them:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-11274512

Didn't Fergie do it a few times? Perhaps Robbie is learning from the master, not that it makes it right (if true).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm 

So why did the club release statements about Callum joining the England squad?

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2017/septem ... land-call/

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2017/novemb ... land-call/

Somebody is trying to stir up trouble with a giant wooden spoon............

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm 

I can imagine that the club might not be happy with it as he is a first team squad player and we didn't have enough internationals to postpone the game. But, if this is someone shit stirring then they need to stop.

I take ANYTHING that is said on here with a grain of salt. But it is doing more harm than good as people who read this are a little bit naïve and believe everything that is said on here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
I can imagine that the club might not be happy with it as he is a first team squad player and we didn't have enough internationals to postpone the game. But, if this is someone shit stirring then they need to stop.

I take ANYTHING that is said on here with a grain of salt. But it is doing more harm than good as people who read this are a little bit naïve and believe everything that is said on here.

Believe what you wish Russ by all means it’s no skin off my nose.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Believe what you wish Russ by all means it’s no skin off my nose.

Defensive much? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 pm 

And I heard the reason Gilbey wasn't in the squad was Robbie wouldn't allowing him to go fishing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
And I heard the reason Gilbey wasn't in the squad was Robbie wouldn't allowing him to go fishing.

Now that I can believe :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Have it from a very reliable source that there has been some unrest between Callum Brittain and the club. Can’t go into specific details but it involved him being called up to be in the England squad recently, the Dons wouldn’t give him permission to go but he went anyway. Not then in Dons squad. Just to remind everyone he hasn’t signed a new contract yet!

FIRE...FIRE....FIRE.....FIRE.....FIRE..... :lol:

The difference is that there are some evidence given, rather than Callum Brittain and Robbie have fallen out, I know why but I can't tell you.

What evidence ?????

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:31 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Have it from a very reliable source that there has been some unrest between Callum Brittain and the club. Can’t go into specific details but it involved him being called up to be in the England squad recently, the Dons wouldn’t give him permission to go but he went anyway. Not then in Dons squad. Just to remind everyone he hasn’t signed a new contract yet!

The difference is that there are some evidence given, rather than Callum Brittain and Robbie have fallen out, I know why but I can't tell you.

What evidence ?????

It's alleged evidence and will eventually be proved right or wrong. Not nudge nudge, wink wink, "I just hope everything I’m hearing is not true", but I won't or can't tell you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Is this in regards to Lewington? Because I thought that the fall out was fairly clear.
If this is true about Callum Brittain then how is Robbie still in the job. He seems to be actively trying to piss everybody off that he can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next