THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Too defensive
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:
It got us a point in a game in which we were outplayed. Pretty good tactics, I'd say.

Outplayed, are you serious, cobblers were poor, we were too slow in the build up of our attack, but outplayed, definitely not!!

Agreed on that too....Northampton looked as poor as us tonight. Hence why I called it a "lifeless" derby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:
It got us a point in a game in which we were outplayed. Pretty good tactics, I'd say.

Outplayed, are you serious, cobblers were poor, we were too slow in the build up of our attack, but outplayed, definitely not!!

Wouldn't agree about the tactics, I think it was our tactics that made us so poor but sorry Warwick, the wobblers were far better than us and if they had a good striker we could have lost that 3-0. They looked hungrier and faster than us pretty much all over the park. JFH has certainly done a good job their.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:07 am 

This in spades

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:43 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Wouldn't agree about the tactics, I think it was our tactics that made us so poor but sorry Warwick, the wobblers were far better than us and if they had a good striker we could have lost that 3-0. They looked hungrier and faster than us pretty much all over the park. JFH has certainly done a good job their.

Oh well, I simply don't agree

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Really? I think we were outplayed too. They saw far more of the ball than us and created more opportunities than us. On the odd occasion we saw the ball up to the 70th minute, all we did was hoof it forward and give it straight back to them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Really? I think we were outplayed too. They saw far more of the ball than us and created more opportunities than us. On the odd occasion we saw the ball up to the 70th minute, all we did was hoof it forward and give it straight back to them.

Yep, me too. They'll be the more disappointed not to come away with 3-points, I think Bowds or Powelly had more shots individually then us!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 am 

Definitely just me but I was very impressed with wobblers. Looked a good outfit and the front 3 second half (not just because they are ex ours) were dangerous. Bowditch looked decent.

I'm not worried. In a game I thought we were cack we defended well and on another day would have robbed a win. Things need to improve but nothing last night makes me worry going forward. Defence was sound keeper untested, midfield was an issue but nothing we haven't seen so far. Gilbey was great. Sow needs to sharpen up a bit.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:12 am 

Galverion wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Agreed on that too....Northampton looked as poor as us tonight. Hence why I called it a "lifeless" derby

Baffled. I thought it was an entertaining game of football. Tense. Won't see many better 0-0's at this level.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 am 

Alby wrote:
Galverion wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Baffled. I thought it was an entertaining game of football. Tense. Won't see many better 0-0's at this level.

It was an odd match...I agree with you in that it was entertaining and close to a measure, but lacked the real "cut and thrust" feeling of a derby, and where both teams create more goal attempts. I believe at half-time neither side had a shot on target. I would say Northampton had a better first half, and we a better second half...esp the late chances we had.

Most folk around me (Cowshed upper, main singing area) were pretty much moaning at the players throughout though, notably the poor passing sometimes (final third esp) and the lame shots we did get off on target when the chances came. Like you, I am not overly worried, but still bags of room for improvement yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:28 am 

It was weird. Their fans will think their atmosphere was great because they shouted "come on" collectively a few times when they got a corner but even their fans were rubbish. Twice they tried singing "stand up if you love the town" and it didn't catch on and barely any one joined in. I understand a lot of the fans travelling probably don't do aways and it's so local and cheap you almost can't not go. Some don't sing it's fine. But their atmosphere was very boring** for what is a local derby and I expected more.

**and before any of their fans see this and do the "how can he mock our atmosphere" shit, ours was atrocious too.

Apparently.

UTF