THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 pm 

The former exist in Hogwarts and the latter can be found on the sort of websites that get blocked at most offices up and down the country. Neither exist in the football, however.

Moaning about our current position is easy. Practical and impactful solutions are much harder.

The league is a poor one and can change rapidly. Scunthorpe, for example, have won five out of five! :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

The solution it seems to me is to get behind our current squad- we were really, really good for 45 minutes yesterday- and give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed. It won't satisfy those who want to get their pitchforks from their garage and march on Stadium:MK looking for PW and RN. At the risk of being controversial, wtf do most of those fans know about how football really works, anyway?

Last edited by familymkdonsfan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm 

A cunning plan familymkdonsfan. Leave the thinking to the elders and betters, while we provide the chorus. It could just work. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:34 pm 
Quote:
At the risk of being controversial, wtf do most of those fans know about how football really works, anyway?

The fact most of us have watched hundreds, even thousands of football matches isn't completely meaningless. Many fans have experience of coaching and playing themselves, the principles are the same just at this level it's professional football with a few more resources and analysis.

The likes of football journalists, analysts etc many of them have never played or coached professional football and have also watched thousands of matches. The only difference is they have professional experience and knowledge in how to put their thoughts down effectively on paper or on a spreadsheet/powerpoint, whereas most fans don't.

I'd like to think I have a good general understanding of how we're performing as a club on the pitch and in and around the first team set-up, and most of my concerns have been proven right over the last few seasons where others seemed confident of things working out differently.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
A cunning plan familymkdonsfan. Leave the thinking to the elders and betters, while we provide the chorus. It could just work. ;)

Blackadder: "Let us not forget that your solution to the problem of your mother's low ceiling was to cut off her head"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:41 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
The solution it seems to me is to get behind our current squad- we were really, really good for 45 minutes yesterday- and give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed.

Sorry but this is rubbish, what you are suggesting is that if we are more supportive the team will play better but it just isn't true the only way we will play better is by changing either who we play or how we play. Also what do you mean by 'give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed' how on earth can this season be a success by any measure? We have played 20 games and won 6
We have 26 games left and to be successful we probably need to win 16 of them it just won't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
The solution it seems to me is to get behind our current squad- we were really, really good for 45 minutes yesterday- and give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed.

Sorry but this is rubbish, what you are suggesting is that if we are more supportive the team will play better but it just isn't true the only way we will play better is by changing either who we play or how we play. Also what do you mean by 'give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed' how on earth can this season be a success by any measure? We have played 20 games and won 6
We have 26 games left and to be successful we probably need to win 16 of them it just won't happen.

This, i’m Sure everyone on here wants the team to be successful and supports them at games but it’s virtually impossible to create any kind of atmosphere playing the way we are. It’s not the fans fault we are shite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:12 pm 
FilthyDon wrote:
Quote:
At the risk of being controversial, wtf do most of those fans know about how football really works, anyway?

The fact most of us have watched hundreds, even thousands of football matches isn't completely meaningless. Many fans have experience of coaching and playing themselves, the principles are the same just at this level it's professional football with a few more resources and analysis.

The likes of football journalists, analysts etc many of them have never played or coached professional football and have also watched thousands of matches. The only difference is they have professional experience and knowledge in how to put their thoughts down effectively on paper or on a spreadsheet/powerpoint, whereas most fans don't.

I'd like to think I have a good general understanding of how we're performing as a club on the pitch and in and around the first team set-up, and most of my concerns have been proven right over the last few seasons where others seemed confident of things working out differently.

Proving D50s point rather well I’d say.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
The former exist in Hogwarts and the latter can be found on the sort of websites that get blocked at most offices up and down the country. Neither exist in the football, however.

Moaning about our current position is easy. Practical and impactful solutions are much harder.

The league is a poor one and can change rapidly. Scunthorpe, for example, have won five out of five! :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

The solution it seems to me is to get behind our current squad- we were really, really good for 45 minutes yesterday- and give RN the opportunity of this full season to succeed. It won't satisfy those who want to get their pitchforks from their garage and march on Stadium:MK looking for PW and RN. At the risk of being controversial, wtf do most of those fans know about how football really works, anyway?

This . sense at last!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

"At the risk of being controversial, wtf do most of those fans know about how football really works, anyway?"

Its football, not rocket science. The problems are plain as day and land at Neilsons feet. His coaching absolutely sucks, he hasn't coached a consistent gameplan in 13 months and countless matches. Out of what, 50+ matches now how many have been memorable? One, maybe two at most and both of those were patchy wins. He has no presence or control on the touchline. His media style is awful, as others have said on this forum he has the charisma of a loaf of bread. I'm sure that rubs off on the players, its impossible that it can't. Rather than helping Lewie's strengths as a stalwart for the club he seems to be sidelining him, George Williams, another of the few "Dons" we have in the current squad has also been sidelined. A number of the youth players have had run-ins with him, the new players don't seem to really give a toss for the club, except maybe Gilbey. Nesbitt is the only player on the pitch that seems to be enjoying his football. Neilson isn't getting anywhere near the best out of the squad, not even defensively. His style of football is driving more and more supporters away. This season is written off already except for maybe a relegation scrap and its not even Xmas. I've been a loyal supporter since the hockey stadium and am now boycotting away and cup games.

If Neilson is still manager at season ticket renewal time I won't be renewing, and neither will my brothers and their extended family, thats 9 STs, and we often being friends and family to games. I've had more than enough of his management now, he's been given every excuse in the book already. Its past time for him to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 pm 

Nkdon wrote:
He has no presence or control on the touchline.

I've seen a few people say this now, what exactly do you want him to do on the touchline?