THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:39 pm 

I don't have any rumours yet and haven't seen any but released lists are starting to happen so I fancied starting this thread as I am begining to get fed up of the negative ones :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:41 pm 

The first twitter rumour is Dean off to multiple clubs. The most inevitable thing in the world so might as well start there.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:50 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
The first twitter rumour is Dean off to multiple clubs. The most inevitable thing in the world so might as well start there.

He's good, but unless Pete has found a way to clone him, he isn't that good.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:56 pm 

DippyDon wrote:

Hope they are rich clubs!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:01 pm 

It could be a big summer for us financially with both O'Riley and Dean likely to leave. Hopefully both deals get done early on in the window.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 pm 

Thank you to the players and staff MKDonsFC for the past few months also to the fans thank you for welcoming me in from day 1. I apologise for how the play offs went for the team but I’m sure the club will be back soon!

Lewis Bate on Twitter - reads like a bye!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Thank you to the players and staff MKDonsFC for the past few months also to the fans thank you for welcoming me in from day 1. I apologise for how the play offs went for the team but I’m sure the club will be back soon!

Lewis Bate on Twitter - reads like a bye!

Meh. Not too sad to see him leave. Wish him the best but indifferent about him TBH

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:23 pm 

I thought Bate was brilliant up until about mid March.. I think he was probably utilised in slightly a wrong sort of way with the players around him. I think he'd definitely do well here with a full Summer and a structure than MW is ultimately happy with and created himself. A lot of square pegs in round holes for him.

He'll have a good career.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 pm 

Bate is a brilliant player who will have a fantastic career. Surprised he dropped this low in the first place to be honest.

Genuinely cannot believe there are people that wouldn't want him back.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Bate is a brilliant player who will have a fantastic career. Surprised he dropped this low in the first place to be honest.

Genuinely cannot believe there are people that wouldn't want him back.

If he is so brilliant as you say he is he won't be back. Plus is he? He was on loan for Oxford last season. If he did so well there (not too sure if he did or didn't) why would you go down a level even on loan. Parrott didn't for example. He went to Preston and is now playing in Holland (not too sure if that is step up or sideways). Point is, we can say Bate is a good player but nobody in L1 or Championship took a punt on him and stats for us hardly shine him as the beacon of midfield.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next