THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:10 pm 

May 2022 MK in League 1 play-off beat Wycombe 1-0 with 29 shots to their 2 but damage done away having lost 2-0. A season where we should have gone back up to Championship
That season P46 Goals For 78 Goals Against 44 Points 89

Team then sold off & cheap replaced proper players = relegation

May 24 MK in League 2 play off lost to Crawley 8-1 on aggregate
This season P46 Goals For 83 Goals Against 68 Points 78

Doesn't take a genius to work out the defence has cost us this season and last season

Replacing a good manager with a cheap one, albeit one with Prem League defender experience
IMO Manager needs to go ASAP, no good at doing anything positive with our defence
IMO Most of the defence and defensive midfielders need to go
IMO We must change tactics/formation
IMO Possession football isnt the be all of everything & we need to have a plan B & C - mix it up FFS !
IMO MK will sell any player of value now, as we usually do, so thats Dean going then

Take all the loanees out, players to be sold out & let the defence go & thats a brand new team except 1 or 2 players thats needed before pre-season training. So because we ended up 4th doesnt mean were one of the favourites for promotion next season
The whole club & how we operate needs changing & buying cheap players and managers have got us to this crap state
And how non-stick Sweeting is still here is beyond me

Money needs to be spent & not done on the MK cheap. A Manager that can sort our defence out & gets us & our ways needs to be sought

I really want to come back to MK for a 5hr round trip, but not whilst this dross is being dished out

Winkelman, time for you to make some tough decisions & ASAP

GLA

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:11 am 

I'd take what we've watched in the 2nd half of the season over a defensive type manager every day of the week.
Defensive style managers give us the type of 'entertainment' we saw under Tisdale and Alexander. Been much better finishing 4th and flopping in the playoffs than finishing in the lower half of the table that we would have under Alexander and watching that awful football.
Unfortunately, what tends to happen is that the club tries to go in the opposite direction when they sack a manager. So we'd end up with a very defensive manager and it would be a bore fest.
Keep MW for me and build around his style of play. I'd be delighted if we could start playing like Crawley and MW could do that