THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: AFC Bond Payments
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:45 pm 

I did see a mention somewhere about the AFC Bond Payments, can someone (Camdenite) give us a full understanding of what’s going on, so we can all get the full benefit of a bloody good laugh at their expense…….thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: AFC Bond Payments
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:29 pm 

They owe 10mil to their Bond holders. The Bond’s financed their stadium. Their first payment or £3.4m is due in April 2025

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:57 pm 

I heard only 7 (that's 007) people bought them - through an agent I believe.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:04 pm 

We want to start a good old run on a bank style panic with investors. Get sleeping bags out. Form a queue. WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:32 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
They owe 10mil to their Bond holders. The Bond’s financed their stadium. Their first payment or £3.4m is due in April 2025

Yeah, that’s about as much as I know too.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 8:51 am 

I believe the bond runs for 5 years and will expire in April 2025, but the investors can roll it on for another 5 or 10 years. This is what the Toot want. Probably most of their fans will do this. However at inception the interest was very good, compared with other investments and many jumped on board with no connection to AFCW. If interest rates remain high many will want to cash in and move their money elsewhere. This will fuck AFCW over. No doubt they'll be issuing further bonds to get investment and stay ahead of the curve. Again however paying a higher rate of interest is a dangerous game, capped with regulation. May be the FCA will bugger them. They aren't keen on crowd funding bonds, especially when putting off Domesday and a spike in investors wanting their money.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 am 

Council Kev wrote:
I believe the bond runs for 5 years and will expire in April 2025, but the investors can roll it on for another 5 or 10 years. This is what the Toot want. Probably most of their fans will do this. However at inception the interest was very good, compared with other investments and many jumped on board with no connection to AFCW. If interest rates remain high many will want to cash in and move their money elsewhere. This will fuck AFCW over. No doubt they'll be issuing further bonds to get investment and stay ahead of the curve. Again however paying a higher rate of interest is a dangerous game, capped with regulation. May be the FCA will bugger them. They aren't keen on crowd funding bonds, especially when putting off Domesday and a spike in investors wanting their money.

Interesting... I'll make some popcorn and watch and wait. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 10:30 am 

There's definitely been a tightening of regulation concerning bonds within the last 5 years. Would imagine most of their fan base investors are long standing supporters. Former Wimbledon fans. Not the younger crowd they've recently attracted, on the basis of price and ease, compared with Premier League neighbours.Back to these old folkes, 50's and beyond. How long will they want to defer cashing in, as they approach retirement or in their latter years...