THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 2:22 pm 

I was wondering is there are any homes for the waifs and strays we have let loose on the world. Players like Robson, Leko, Burns, Devoy even Kemp (who has been dropped like a stone) even MacG now looking at Camdenites squad list most of them are 2025 (with a question mark, so I assume that is an educated guess) so maybe some of them are out of contract, but we can't release them all so will it be a case of sending them out on loan or can they possibly make a difference. Stranger things have happened Boateng is a recent example of going out on loan and coming back a better player.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 3:52 pm 

Robson and Kemp, no chance. Neither us nor them would want to renew.

McGillivary, I also can’t see staying unless MW feels he made a mistake and wants to reinstate him as number 1 but I highly doubt that. He’s under contract but will have interest.

Leko, I think he stays if under contract. His injury makes it very hard to move him on even if he’s not in our plans.

I’ve personally always seen something in both Devoy and Burns and think they are good players but I think they’ll leave on the basis of us not really being in a position to hope they come good.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:11 pm 

McGillivary's contract ends 30 June.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:20 pm 

Council Kev wrote:

He only had a 1 year contract?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:34 pm 

Kemp has to go for his own good. For whatever reason he just cant play for us and will be better and happier elsewhere. On our part MW doesnt appear to trust or rate him so re-signing looks incredibly unlikely.

Robson has failed to perform for two solid seasons now and doesnt play a great deal. I dont see us offering him a new deal and wouldnt see him taking it either.

Leko needs to go as well but with the injury situation we are likely to be stuck with him for a while

Devoy and Burns are tricky bit on balance Im not sure we can wait for them to come good. I fear we might be stuck down in L2 for a while so looking longer term we might be able to play them and get the benefit in a season or two but marginally I would favour them to be moved on

I thought CMac was free to move in June but I dont know where I have got that from?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:47 pm 

Go. All of them. There isn't a single o e there that I'm even remotely arsed about keeping.

The Irish lads have failed to perform under 4 managers.
They're doing well elsewhere, but we saw with Kemp that you can't waste time waiting for things to come good when they were clearly no good in this side. We can't keep hanging on to low hanging fruit.

Kemp, btw, lovely lad but not fit for this system or club. Clearly has talent, seen it a few times here but few too little and we can't keep waiting for him to recapture his form.

Leko, shite. One class performance in about 10 I reckon.

Robson, fiuck knows what happened to him given how good he was for us the first half of the 21/22 season. Time to go.

Wish them all well but this is a good chance for a clearput. We might "like the look of" someone or "they showed signs" they didn't show enough of them and the mentality is on its arse with a vast majority of this squad and the vast majority of this squad needs moving on and all the best.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 7:06 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

He only had a 1 year contract?

Doesn’t sound right, does it? Senior pro, you’d expect two years. As mentioned earlier though I think Stevenage were keen on making it permanent (despite some reported dodgy performances) so it may be we do a mutual termination.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:22 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Go. All of them. There isn't a single o e there that I'm even remotely arsed about keeping.

They're doing well elsewhere, but we saw with Kemp that you can't waste time waiting for things to come good when they were clearly no good in this side. We can't keep hanging on to low hanging fruit.

Kemp, btw, lovely lad but not fit for this system or club. Clearly has talent, seen it a few times here but few too little and we can't keep waiting for him to recapture his form.

Robson, fiuck knows what happened to him given how good he was for us the first half of the 21/22 season. Time to go.

Wish them all well but this is a good chance for a clearput. We might "like the look of" someone or "they showed signs" they didn't show enough of them and the mentality is on its arse with a vast majority of this squad and the vast majority of this squad needs moving on and all the best.

This, basically. Much as I like Devoy and Robson in particular, it's not worked out here for them and they've got to go.

We need a proper rebuild.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:31 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

This, basically. Much as I like Devoy and Robson in particular, it's not worked out here for them and they've got to go.

We need a proper rebuild.

Releasing them costs money even if they have 1 year left on the contract. Can you see us releasing 5 players that would eat into the money for a rebuild. IF they are out of contract fine, they will be gone. But I can't believe any of them bar MacG would accept mutual termination. If they haven't got clubs to go to they still have mouths to feed and bills to pay.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:12 am 

Will be interesting to see where Kemp goes. In the right system he's clearly shown he can score and assist bundles, it just has never clicked with us. It's a shame, but it happens, for the sake of us and him just move on.

In the right system he could clearly do a good job in League 1, but I can see Swindon going all out to bring him in.