THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I left
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:52 pm 

At half time today as I was bored out of my mind. Seems like I made the right choice too, I may have missed the penalty but it doesn't sound like we played any good football. I'm so bored, please get rid of Neilson.

Last edited by BetterCallSaul on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 am 

Wow what a supporter you are #Neilsonin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 am 
Warwickdons wrote:

Fair enough if you're not in the #NeilsonOut brigade, but I find it very odd that someone is the complete other end of the scale and firmly behind Neilson.

I know there are a lot of moderate supporters who are neither happy nor unhappy with Neilson, and a healthy handful of supporters who are firmly #NeilsonOut, but you're the first person I've heard that is apparently completely happy with things as they are.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Fair enough if you're not in the #NeilsonOut brigade, but I find it very odd that someone is the complete other end of the scale and firmly behind Neilson.

I know there are a lot of moderate supporters who are neither happy nor unhappy with Neilson, and a healthy handful of supporters who are firmly #NeilsonOut, but you're the first person I've heard that is apparently completely happy with things as they are.

I just can't see how people can solely blame him.

I witnessed a shit first half where we were scared to take a shot. Thats not neilsons fault. That's a lack of confidence from chucks and agard. I don't think neilson would say you are shit go our there prove me wrong. Nobody passed well. Not neilsons fault. He teaches them passing drills just like any manager would. He can't be blamed for them not being able to pass a ball 10 yards.

What I am saying is that he picked the team and set the tactics. They play the football. They were all shit back to front. We were better 2nd half but the players are just as much to blame and calling them professionals is a bit steep on today's showing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:02 am 

I dont see how people cant blame the manager. It is an unwritten rule that a good manager can make a shit group of players better. Irrespective of the quality of players, which we dont truly know yet, its a fact that neilson isnt getting the best out of them.

Besides we could be winning 1-0 every other week and in the playoffs and people would still be dropping like flies because win or lose the football is utter shit to watch. Not shit because we dropped points but shit because its almost elementary, negative, slow and unimaginative.

The biggest problem is, and that hasnt been fully acknowledged, is people have lost interest because there is no threat of change. People know pete will not do anything to arrest the slide because that would involve large sums of money either investing in better quality players or investing in another new coaching regime.

Im almost certain we will have to wait for a new tax year or two before we see change to keep the books balanced.

I havent got money to burn. Im commited to the dons, the only team I support or have any affinity too but when a large majority of our fan base is made up of premier league supporters does pete really think they will stick around to watch this? I fear next season could be our lowest ever season ticket sales in stadium: mk and our lowest avg attendances unless we go up or theres been a change in manager for the better.

What costs us more in the long run and whats easier to fix ... an incompetent manager or dwindling ticket sales and declining matchday income?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 am 

One thing I noticed, is that when we have the ball, there rarely seems to be anyone to pass to. We constantly resort to hoofing it up field.

Also, yesterday we were getting completely overrun in midfield. Nielson should have noticed this straight away and changed tactics, but he didnt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 am 

Whichever way your cookie crumbles, nobody can deny, it’s not pretty to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 am 

Dire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 am 

The brioche was good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 am 

Last night was simply appalling. 'Real' football fans, both on this forum and others, can bang on about the lower leagues 'till they're blue in the face. That was totally unacceptable.

No mid-field. A striker up-front that was so anonymous that we were almost playing with ten men. Constantly loosing out on second balls, the list could take up the rest of this thread on its own.

The irony of employing such a defensively minded manager, while being unable to keep a clean sheet, hopefully won't have gone unnoticed in the stands.

And speaking of the stands. At one point last night I happened to glance around me. The amount of folk on their phones, or quite literally looking around themselves was the most telling thing about the whole game. When you've had a stressful couple of days at work, including a phone call at the gates of the stadium, you look forward to a couple of hours of escape from the tediousness of everyday life. At one point last night I was desperate for my office to call. If only to add some excitement.

The decline in this club in the space of two seasons is a worrying sign. I have absolutely no idea what the long term plan is anymore.

I can't for the life of me think that Pete can be happy with what's going on.