THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winkie Out
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I like Pete, Chairman and a fan, quite happy to mix in with the supporters and chat, pretty unique chap I would say in his capacity.

If he were to sell up, I think it’s about time Richard Branson bought a football club, we could be the MK Virgins....

No way, I've seen us getting fucked loads this season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 am 

Bloxham Don wrote:
Pete in, and if anyone else had witnessed him in the first half on Tuesday nobody would be questioning him being our chairman

More details please Bloxham.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:25 am 

rosie47 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:
What you mean like the time we got promoted to the Championship ?.....that sort of lack of funding ?

There was funding, just very badly spent...

..and that ultimately is what cost Robbo his job; more so than the actual results, I'd say. Having heard Pete's comments/quotes over the likes of Benavente, Aguza, Jennings and Matt Upson, I think the wasting of money that previous summer was a bigger factor in his eventual dismissal than results and league position. That's a huge outlay there for players who contributed absolutely nothing.

But the chief scout never gets the blame. Funny that!

all of those players were quite clearly robbo flying solo.

So what did Pete say exactly? Cause I do find it hard to believe his son is not partly responsible for the shit served then and now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:
What you mean like the time we got promoted to the Championship ?.....that sort of lack of funding ?

..and that ultimately is what cost Robbo his job; more so than the actual results, I'd say. Having heard Pete's comments/quotes over the likes of Benavente, Aguza, Jennings and Matt Upson, I think the wasting of money that previous summer was a bigger factor in his eventual dismissal than results and league position. That's a huge outlay there for players who contributed absolutely nothing.

So what did Pete say exactly? Cause I do find it hard to believe his son is not partly responsible for the shit served then and now

Pete has said against his and the recruitment team advice Karl insisted on his choices for Champ season and that back fired because we had a "shit"team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:06 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Pete has said against his and the recruitment team advice Karl insisted on his choices for Champ season and that back fired because we had a "shit"team

So why not sack him after we went down? Leaving it to him to make another bungle of the transfer window shows a complete lack of sense if that is the reason Robbo was sacked.

PS: We are still a shit team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Junglecad wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:

So why not sack him after we went down? Leaving it to him to make another bungle of the transfer window shows a complete lack of sense if that is the reason Robbo was sacked.

PS: We are still a shit team

He got sacked, as do most football managers, because of fan pressure after a run of bad results.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:31 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, a “run of bad results “ that lasted a year and a half with no signs of improvement and a pile of shit squad that he was responsible for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, a “run of bad results “ that lasted a year and a half with no signs of improvement and a pile of shit squad that he was responsible for.

Robbo has admitted he’d ‘lost his way’ over his last four months here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:13 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Bloxham Don wrote:
Pete in, and if anyone else had witnessed him in the first half on Tuesday nobody would be questioning him being our chairman

More details please Bloxham.

He was going nuts during the first half at the ref going backwards and forwards in the directors box and when chucks got taken out before half time totally lost the plot, total passion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 pm 

So was Winkie going mad with passion when Chuks was taken out as he realises that we will have to see him in January, he clearly needs to play at a higher level. So not Winkie out but Chuks will go out in January. We will then be in the mire

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next