THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winkie Out
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:05 pm 

Definitely in

I would want someone like him who sits with fans, joins in on chants, and is an all-round great guy who is approachable and amenable over some two-bit chairman who either doesn't spend at all (Oystons) or spends so much beyond the club's means they start sliding down the table (Portsmouth). His passion for the club doesn't need any more proving, and I'm yet to see a transfer window where there isn't any money changing hands.
Our problem isn't that he won't spend, it's the calibre of players we bring in and a system that, at the moment, is predominantly very negative.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm 

These sort of posts wind me up ...... what on earth gives us the god given right to expect Premier League or Championship ??? a big stadium ???

Some people need a reality check - yes Robbie did say target was promotion this year and at the minute that looks very unlikely BUT if he had said "this year I think mid table would be a target" whilst more achievable we would have gone bonkers.... he has to try and over sell it to manage expectations

Pete is a fan of the club and invests every penny he can allowing for the longevity of the club - there will be a lot of fans wishing they had a chairman who cared rather than just wanted to make a few quid and move on - how many chairmen traveled on the train to Charlton and were VERY open and honest when talking to the fans ???

We are not perfectly by any stretch of the imagination but I support MK Dons and will through thick and thin and we will all have different opinions that we are entitled to but calling for Pete to go or RN to go is madness

I am not enjoying some of the football at the minute but away days like Charlton (other than the pricks on the train home) give me a buzz - I went expecting to get battered and came away happy - I am very excited to see a fully fit Chucks & Sow playing together and guess what ... if we don't get promoted this year we wont get relegated either and we go again next year that's lower league football

sorry for the long disjointed post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 pm 

In. Out. Shake your winky all about. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:27 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
These sort of posts wind me up ...... what on earth gives us the god given right to expect Premier League or Championship ??? a big stadium ???

Some people need a reality check - yes Robbie did say target was promotion this year and at the minute that looks very unlikely BUT if he had said "this year I think mid table would be a target" whilst more achievable we would have gone bonkers.... he has to try and over sell it to manage expectations

Pete is a fan of the club and invests every penny he can allowing for the longevity of the club - there will be a lot of fans wishing they had a chairman who cared rather than just wanted to make a few quid and move on - how many chairmen traveled on the train to Charlton and were VERY open and honest when talking to the fans ???

We are not perfectly by any stretch of the imagination but I support MK Dons and will through thick and thin and we will all have different opinions that we are entitled to but calling for Pete to go or RN to go is madness

I am not enjoying some of the football at the minute but away days like Charlton (other than the pricks on the train home) give me a buzz - I went expecting to get battered and came away happy - I am very excited to see a fully fit Chucks & Sow playing together and guess what ... if we don't get promoted this year we wont get relegated either and we go again next year that's lower league football

No he isn't. He is a Wolves fan. Just being pedantic as always!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:38 pm 

Junglecad wrote:

THIS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:52 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:
What you mean like the time we got promoted to the Championship ?.....that sort of lack of funding ?

There was funding, just very badly spent...

..and that ultimately is what cost Robbo his job; more so than the actual results, I'd say. Having heard Pete's comments/quotes over the likes of Benavente, Aguza, Jennings and Matt Upson, I think the wasting of money that previous summer was a bigger factor in his eventual dismissal than results and league position. That's a huge outlay there for players who contributed absolutely nothing.

But the chief scout never gets the blame. Funny that!

all of those players were quite clearly robbo flying solo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Isn't it time we had a Chairman who was prepared to spend some money to take our club to where it ought to be?

FFS. No.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm 

I like Pete, Chairman and a fan, quite happy to mix in with the supporters and chat, pretty unique chap I would say in his capacity.

If he were to sell up, I think it’s about time Richard Branson bought a football club, we could be the MK Virgins....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 pm 

Pete in, and if anyone else had witnessed him in the first half on Tuesday nobody would be questioning him being our chairman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 pm 

The 'civilian' persona of the forum owner posts a provocative post, to stir up some activity. And you all jump into line. Fuck sake, even I've posted twice on this thread. Gotta love Family, he's a clever fella. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next