THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am 

After a previous thread in which people were discussing why they go to games and especially away days I thought yesterday was a perfect example of what keeps me coming back. 45 minutes of really awful football (by us) followed by pretty much everything I want to see (even if we lose). The feeling when Agard equalised was amazing, then to go behind and get a point inside the last 8 minutes, that feeling is why I come back. It's like a drug, especially when you get something out of a game I thought was long gone at half time. Sure there's plenty of times when I leave feeling a bit robbed of my time, but the good normally out weigh the bad by the end of the season and how often do you talk about bad performances with your mates over talking about that one moment of excitement? Sure going to the pub and having a laugh is all part of the day, but you can't tell me all those who were still stood singing and cheering well after the final whistle went straight to a pub and forgot all about the game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:18 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
After a previous thread in which people were discussing why they go to games and especially away days I thought yesterday was a perfect example of what keeps me coming back. 45 minutes of really awful football (by us) followed by pretty much everything I want to see (even if we lose). The feeling when Agard equalised was amazing, then to go behind and get a point inside the last 8 minutes, that feeling is why I come back. It's like a drug, especially when you get something out of a game I thought was long gone at half time. Sure there's plenty of times when I leave feeling a bit robbed of my time, but the good normally out weigh the bad by the end of the season and how often do you talk about bad performances with your mates over talking about that one moment of excitement? Sure going to the pub and having a laugh is all part of the day, but you can't tell me all those who were still stood singing and cheering well after the final whistle went straight to a pub and forgot all about the game.

What game?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:07 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

What game?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though it's really great to read a positive post on here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm 

I felt like that with the come back against Oldham. A game that looked gone at half time, and we could have ended up winning it.

The lows we go through at times make the good times feel even better

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm 

midland don wrote:
I felt like that with the come back against Oldham. A game that looked gone at half time, and we could have ended up winning it.

The lows we go through at times make the good times feel even better

Yup. Agree. A microcosm of life - right there at Stadium MK............

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm 

Charlton away yesterday is what supporting the Dons is all about, after arriving in London, myself and Matthew headed over to the pubs in Borough Market, watching the Arsenal v Spurs game, meeting some absolute Dons supporting legends, after a few beers, headed over to London bridge station, but unfortunately missed the 2,17 had to get the 2,47, arriving in the ground just in time to see Charlton score!
Lucky to be one down at ht, another beer, then the second half, when the Dons decided to turn up, Agard was immense, emotional nightmare for us fans, what a finish.
Train back into London and then back to Leamington with villa fans, had a really good laugh with them on the way back, more beers drank, finally home at 9.
What a great day out, and for once the football didn't spoil it, that's why we go, top mates, top pubs and a top result in the end. Coyd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:56 am 

Warwickdons wrote:
Charlton away yesterday is what supporting the Dons is all about, after arriving in London, myself and Matthew headed over to the pubs in Borough Market, watching the Arsenal v Spurs game, meeting some absolute Dons supporting legends, after a few beers, headed over to London bridge station, but unfortunately missed the 2,17 had to get the 2,47, arriving in the ground just in time to see Charlton score!
Lucky to be one down at ht, another beer, then the second half, when the Dons decided to turn up, Agard was immense, emotional nightmare for us fans, what a finish.
Train back into London and then back to Leamington with villa fans, had a really good laugh with them on the way back, more beers drank, finally home at 9.
What a great day out, and for once the football didn't spoil it, that's why we go, top mates, top pubs and a top result in the end. Coyd.

Pub was good; train home was lively :lol:

Seems I've made a name for myself with the Charlton fans over the years :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:04 am 

BracknellDons wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Pub was good; train home was lively :lol:

Seems I've made a name for myself with the Charlton fans over the years :?

There's got to be a story behind that....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm 
Home games - to watch the football
Away games - for the atmosphere, the camaraderie and the general togetherness of the whole thing, irrespective of what’s happening on the pitch or at the club.

Which is why I’m not doing many aways right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 am 

Mainly to see people and have a bit of a drink, but also to shout and swear at 27 men (22 players, 4 officials and Robbie) and for that to be not judged as unnecessary or out of place.