THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Growing Unity
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm 

I know this sort of thing means nothing to some fans, but Neilson has alluded to it in recent weeks, and there seems to be a growing connection between fans and players, as was evident on Saturday when the goals went in and at the end of the game.
I suppose you could argue that the large numbers shipped out, and the new recruits brought in there was some sort of a break or lack in unity, perhaps that wound is starting to heal as the players have a growing sense of belonging.
Perhaps there is something in this needing to gel argument.

Last edited by WellDon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Growing Unity
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 pm 

I went out and bought tickets to three games today, first since April :o I just want the fighting spirit back and even though we are still an average team, the signs are there now.

If they look like they give a #### then so do I again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 pm 

Yeah, its returning.

Its taken a while for the new faces to bed in, they now seem to be up for the scrap a lot more, showing they want to do well and playing for the MK Dons shirt.

The likes of Gilbey, Pawlett and Nesbitt are fast becoming a big hit with the fans, alongside Aneke etc.

It does now appear its all re connecting, thats no bad thing, with the fans getting behind the team, the players are now showing more reaction with the supporters.

As welldon said Robbie has mentioned this quite often lately, he obviously senses the connection in a more positive light

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Yeah, its returning.

Its taken a while for the new faces to bed in, they now seem to be up for the scrap a lot more, showing they want to do well and playing for the MK Dons shirt.

The likes of Gilbey, Pawlett and Nesbitt are fast becoming a big hit with the fans, alongside Aneke etc.

It does now appear its all re connecting, thats no bad thing, with the fans getting behind the team, the players are now showing more reaction with the supporters.

As welldon said Robbie has mentioned this quite often lately, he obviously senses the connection in a more positive light

And the four mentioned are ours not loans. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm 

Yes here’s hoping we have turned a corner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 pm 

I suspect it's puppet-master Winkelman who has been pushing this with RN & the team: "mention how supportive the crowd are in interviews, talk about togetherness, go clap them at the end of a game etc".

Looks like they are now on-message.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 pm 

Saturday at Charlton felt like a big turning point. Who would have thought that one of Robbie's teams team would have been outmuscled by one of Karl's. One thing Robbie did this summer was improve the apparent physicality of our squad. We now have some big guys in the team but from the first goal we looked outfought and second to everything. Bullied for the whole of the first hour.

And then what a difference in the last half hour. Great team spirit, great belief and we finished strongly with big noise coming from our 600. Might have been a bit of a soft penalty but he was tripped and, anyway, we deserved a point at least.

And then some proper team and fan bonding at the end. Loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:51 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
Saturday at Charlton felt like a big turning point. Who would have thought that one of Robbie's teams team would have been outmuscled by one of Karl's. One thing Robbie did this summer was improve the apparent physicality of our squad. We now have some big guys in the team but from the first goal we looked outfought and second to everything. Bullied for the whole of the first hour.

And then what a difference in the last half hour. Great team spirit, great belief and we finished strongly with big noise coming from our 600. Might have been a bit of a soft penalty but he was tripped and, anyway, we deserved a point at least.

And then some proper team and fan bonding at the end. Loved it.

It reminds me of the Ince Mk I season. Neilson and the boys are taking tips from the master. Andrews and the rest were always close to the fans at the end of games, home and away. I’ve missed that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I know this sort of thing means nothing to some fans, but Neilson has alluded to it in recent weeks, and there seems to be a growing connection between fans and players, as was evident on Saturday when the goals went in and at the end of the game.
I suppose you could argue that the large numbers shipped out, and the new recruits brought in there was some sort of a break or lack in unity, perhaps that wound is starting to heal as the players have a growing sense of belonging.
Perhaps there is something in this needing to gel argument.

Oo er missus. ;)
Seriously :shock: :shock: :shock: there is!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm 

We as fans need to get behind the team, we have all been quilty of not backing the side this season, we have a duty to support the players, like Saturday, they responded too, the fact the fans got behind Agard last week when he was subbed, showed when he came on Saturday, he knows he's underperformed this season, he was a man on a mission.
But the unity between fans and players was so clear on Saturday, need to bring this to every game, come on cowshed, over to you!