THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 am 

Hey. Not been on the forum since before the game as I’ve been at work. Haven’t even read a post this far but I can guess the sort of response before I even look so I’m gonna put my thoughts first.

I really enjoyed the game. It’s weird. As a spectacle it’s abput as good a game you’ll get at League One level between MK Dons and Southend. Especially with the players out. After a great first 15 by both teams, going at each other, Southend grew to be the better side and within a few minutes ended up taking the lead after a biazarre bit of goalkeeping. They could’ve had more judging by their attacks but I felt our central Defence was great. Brittain may have played his worst game so far at home especially first half. But second half was better. Not by much but we really dug in and the change bringing Pawlett on was a breath of fresh air. It’s hard as a fan to enjoy a game involving your side unless you win but as a game, 90 mins I thought it was a great spectacle for a neutral.

Referee was awful but I felt we dealt well with most decisions against us. Except for stoppage time when they could and should have scored twice. But generally we done well. Agard done better barring the penalty and the past few games since my post he’s improved dramatically and looks interested and is showing a lot of heart. I love that about him which is why as a player I’ve always liked him. I just think he needed to do better and credit where it’s due he is doing better.

Look not the ideal result but I didn’t see anything to worry me. Looked committed and dig out a draw against a very good Southend side, who btw, were the best team to come here this season imo.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:48 am 

Seems I’m incredibly alone in this btw. Can’t wait to see the baffled responses to this :lol:

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 am 

I was waiting for the punch line. Are you OK?

Last edited by RedDotDon on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:52 am 
Baffled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am 

I’m not saying it’s a perfect game. Just a weird opinion I suppose. Plenty wrong with it but as I said I can almost guarantee what half of what I’d say was a negative would be said. And tbh skimming posts I far I’d be proven right.

It wasn’t a great performance but as a game I thought it was end to end at times and a pretty good game of football.

We all take football differently.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 am 

I sort of agree with you Alby. I didn’t enjoy the first half, our passing was awful. Compare and contrast with Southend.

But a theme of this season is to look like relegation fodder for up to an hour, then explode into life and get something out of the game. It’s like a disaster movie where they get rescued at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am 

Sausage wrote:
I sort of agree with you Alby. I didn’t enjoy the first half, our passing was awful. Compare and contrast with Southend.

But a theme of this season is to look like relegation fodder for up to an hour, then explode into life and get something out of the game. It’s like a disaster movie where they get rescued at the end.

This actually made me laugh - such a brilliant description of recent games :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 am 

You need to lay off the funny fags for a while. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 am 

It’s really hard to describe like.

It wasn’t a good performance. But I thought it was a good game for the neutral. Maybe I’m wrong but as a football match I found it enjoyable so I usually wonder what that means for the neutral.

Everyone sees football in different ways and it hasn’t made me change many opinions but as a game it was quite an enjoyable match.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am 

Alby wrote:
It’s really hard to describe like.

It wasn’t a good performance. But I thought it was a good game for the neutral. Maybe I’m wrong but as a football match I found it enjoyable so I usually wonder what that means for the neutral.

Everyone sees football in different ways and it hasn’t made me change many opinions but as a game it was quite an enjoyable match.

TBF Alby it didn't sound that bad on the wireless. Have peoples opinions been formed by the lack of shots?