THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 am 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Player's Cross the white line, unless the manager tells them before the game to play shit, then it's out of his hands 2 x 45 minutes, FACT!
Thats a common misconception. The players often play how they are asked in order to not be dropped. If neilson prepares them to play a certain way thats what we are seeing. If its innefective its either the manager trying to ask square pegs to fit in round holes or the players are not motivated or versed enough to play well together.

Try having a shit, unorganised manager at work. Is it the fault of his employees if they arent an efficient team?

The blame lies at the managers door and somewhere there would be the right fit for a manager that could get the best out of these players, whether we can find him or not is a different story.

The Southend issue was bad passing. Basic skills. I doubt Neilson set them up to play that way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:23 am 

Sausage wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Player's Cross the white line, unless the manager tells them before the game to play shit, then it's out of his hands 2 x 45 minutes, FACT!
Thats a common misconception. The players often play how they are asked in order to not be dropped. If neilson prepares them to play a certain way thats what we are seeing. If its innefective its either the manager trying to ask square pegs to fit in round holes or the players are not motivated or versed enough to play well together.

Try having a shit, unorganised manager at work. Is it the fault of his employees if they arent an efficient team?

The blame lies at the managers door and somewhere there would be the right fit for a manager that could get the best out of these players, whether we can find him or not is a different story.

The Southend issue was bad passing. Basic skills. I doubt Neilson set them up to play that way.

This with bells and whistles on. Not one player was good. Even mr reliable between the sticks was a flappy hand numpty. Though to be fair we played so badly and still got a point and now 5 in all comps unbeaten. Look at the bright side we will be playing the mighty Sunderland next season!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am 

And you dont think that has antything to do with players not being comfortable, confident and happy playing in a system set up by neilson? I refuse to believe this is a bad team. The squad is far better than the performances we are seeing and I believe theres something deeper to it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:58 am 

Warwickdons wrote:

Is the logical extension of this argument not that managers are unnecessary?

Perhaps we should go all hippy and form a completely egalitarian squad that picks and trains itself. That would be genuinely fascinating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
And you dont think that has antything to do with players not being comfortable, confident and happy playing in a system set up by neilson? I refuse to believe this is a bad team. The squad is far better than the performances we are seeing and I believe theres something deeper to it.

They train 5 days a week learning that system. I am sure they are big boys and they can ask our new captain to speak up.

They couldn't fucking pass on Tuesday. That is not just down to the tactics it is ability too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:01 pm 

Toby Carvery wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:

Is the logical extension of this argument not that managers are unnecessary?

Perhaps we should go all hippy and form a completely egalitarian squad that picks and trains itself. That would be genuinely fascinating.

Many a time at work I've thought so.......on both points. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

They train 5 days a week learning that system. I am sure they are big boys and they can ask our new captain to speak up.

They couldn't fucking pass on Tuesday. That is not just down to the tactics it is ability too.

This.

Regardless of RN being shit, or not, the main issues on Tuesday were lethargy, poor passing and general piss-poor-ness.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 pm 

RN did say in his post match interview, putting long balls up to Chuks is ok at times, but we needed to to pass as well.

I don’t think we can blame Robbie every time it goes to shit, the team on Tuesday were just not on it at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6