THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I left
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
RedDotDon wrote:
So you’re a quitter.

If you can’t support us when we lose or draw, don’t support us when we win.

I've been to countless games home and away over the years, through thick and thin, but at least the football was entertaining most of the time, a good team spirit and a connection between the fans and club. None of that exists right now.

Most of the players don't look like they give a shit, the manager has the charisma of a loaf of bread, the club's board and social media output seems completely out of touch with fans and fan concerns, and PW is one contradiction after another.

Why should fans hand over their hard earned cash for that?

It really isn't that bad mate. We've had more good times since 2004 than most clubs around us. This is a sticky period and the football isn't great, but things can't be brilliant all the time. You have endure time he bad to appreciate the good, otherwise celebrating success without experiencing the lows is doesn't mean as much. COYDS ! KEEP THE FAITH.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 am 

Was interesting to listen to Williams on the commentary last night... He sounded so lethargic and uninterested when speaking about the team and even said they were shite.... It's this lack of urgency and fire that I think is the real issue with the team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:29 am 

mightydons wrote:
Was interesting to listen to Williams on the commentary last night... He sounded so lethargic and uninterested when speaking about the team and even said they were shite.... It's this lack of urgency and fire that I think is the real issue with the team

I'd be more worried if he'd have been saying we were playing well! I just don't think George is one of those 'bubbly' annoying people, so don't read too much in to his first commentary stint.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:33 pm 

mightydons wrote:

He used that word?? :shock:
Big slappo on the wrist from the 'media minders'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm 

Crap first half and not as bad 2nd half.
As far as i am concerned we are right on track for how i predicted we would be this season.
I said after the first couple of games this year that this season is stuffed and mid table is what i expect.
I will look at how we start next season before i make any judgements on changing manager.
I need to check around and change my seat to get away from the guys near me that never ever stop moaning no matter how the team play.
Slagging players off and next minute saying how good he was. I know that is part and parcel of football and all kinds of people come to the game but Jeez some people should really not bother going each week if they are that pissed off. Stay at home and moan at the wife if it's really that bad Believe me i have met a few that would rather be watching this crap than to be were they are now.

Some of the criticism i hear is really cringy. It's like being amongst children and gets pretty embarrasing indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm 

I'm willing to bet that folk when Nielsen arrived that he couldn't be judged until he had his own team, rather than Robbo's.
Now we're giving him until next season...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 pm 
Gers wrote:
I'm willing to bet that folk when Nielsen arrived that he couldn't be judged until he had his own team, rather than Robbo's.

I have no idea why people think Neilson needs more time. The guy is in charge of their training for 4-5 days a week, has them on matchdays, and some of the group have been with him since last December. Even the new signings since July have had 70-90+ days with him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

I have no idea why people think Neilson needs more time. The guy is in charge of their training for 4-5 days a week, has them on matchdays, and some of the group have been with him since last December. Even the new signings since July have had 70-90+ days with him.

Absolutely nothing is going to change. He cites Craig Levein as a mentor for god's sake. That's Craig '5/5/0' Levein.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 pm 

Player's Cross the white line, unless the manager tells them before the game to play shit, then it's out of his hands 2 x 45 minutes, FACT!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 am 

Thats a common misconception. The players often play how they are asked in order to not be dropped. If neilson prepares them to play a certain way thats what we are seeing. If its innefective its either the manager trying to ask square pegs to fit in round holes or the players are not motivated or versed enough to play well together.

Try having a shit, unorganised manager at work. Is it the fault of his employees if they arent an efficient team?

The blame lies at the managers door and somewhere there would be the right fit for a manager that could get the best out of these players, whether we can find him or not is a different story.

Warwickdons wrote:
Player's Cross the white line, unless the manager tells them before the game to play shit, then it's out of his hands 2 x 45 minutes, FACT!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next